Sign in to follow this  
PowerButchi

Random Thoughts III.

3 minutes ago, PowerButchi said:

Gypsy Joe wrestled forever.

Did he keep going after New Jack stabbed him?

According to a quick look on his Wikipedia he kept on going after it until 2011 after debuting in 1951.

Terry Funk for me is the only proper wrestler to still work in his 70s. Dory and Lou Thesz just roll and do takedowns. Mad old cunt Terry was still bumping and taking ladders to the head for House of Hardcore a few years back.

Poor Terry lost his wife recently, and by all accounts he's took is (understandably) bad. I think we may have seen the last of him in a ring.

That Tito match is everything I aspire indie wrestling to be. A WWE hall of famer, wrestling in front of 100 people in a high school gym, against a fat bloke wearing face paint, at a family friendly show with someone wearing a shirt saying "or I'll kick you in the cunt!".

Glorious. 

AEW take note.

Boris Zhukov's gimmick change angle is my favourite old man wfrestling bollocks.

21 hours ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Terry Funk for me is the only proper wrestler to still work in his 70s. Dory and Lou Thesz just roll and do takedowns. Mad old cunt Terry was still bumping and taking ladders to the head for House of Hardcore a few years back.

Poor Terry lost his wife recently, and by all accounts he's took is (understandably) bad. I think we may have seen the last of him in a ring.

Mae Young took a powerbomb through a table aged 77.  Twice.  The second time off the entrance ramp.  Give the old girl her credit.

14 hours ago, Loki said:

Mae Young took a powerbomb through a table aged 77.  Twice.  The second time off the entrance ramp.  Give the old girl her credit.

That’s taking a bump. Not actually wrestling a match though

On 8/17/2019 at 12:52 AM, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Terry Funk for me is the only proper wrestler to still work in his 70s... [He] was still bumping and taking ladders to the head for House of Hardcore a few years back.

Ian was saying that Terry was properly wrestling in his 70s cos he was taking proper bumps.  So was Mae!  And she was working singles and tag matches that year.

Edited by Loki

Whenever I see photos of WALTER outside of the ring, I often get caught off guard by how much he always looks like a darts player. 

ECU4C0DX4AIj3mO?format=jpg&name=900x900

Definitely the right thread for this. 

Why is Scooby-Doo! and WWE: Curse of the Speed Demon a movie about wrestlers racing and not about wrestling? My kid is complaining that The Undertaker has choke slammed anyone 

Edited by UK Kat Von D

37 minutes ago, UK Kat Von D said:

Why is Scooby-Doo! and WWE: Curse of the Speed Demon a movie about wrestlers racing and not about wrestling? My kid is complaining that The Undertaker has choke slammed anyone 

I think just to separate it from the first crossover they did.