Random Thoughts III.

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

His ideal opponents back in the day would've been Undertaker, Kane, or Mankind. Not been following much, so I don't know who else there is, but it sounds like Bray Wyatt or Aleister Black would probably be good.

That said, really thinking about it, if he really has to keep on wrestling, I'd prefer to see him in AEW feuding with Dustin Rhodes, and I reckon matches with Cody and Jericho would be fun too.

• Paid Members

I don't see Muta getting cleared to work WWE, but Muta vs. Undertaker is probably a bigger "this never happened" match than Undertaker vs. Sting for me. But it's way gone the time when they could manage even a smoke and mirrors match, unless I've missed something and Keiji's got himself some Rey Mysterio Magic New Knees at his last operation.

• Paid Members

Ooh, Muta vs. Mysterio would be an interesting match, I reckon. Anyone who can bump around for Muta while he does the character work and smoke-and-mirrors.

Then they can form a tag team called Green Misterio.

4 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

I wouldn’t be against Muta coming and doing a match, similar to how they did with Liger. Mutas never worked WWE before has he?

No idea who you’d put him against though

I always hoped this was the plan with Tyler Breeze in 2015. Have him wrestle Japanese legends, (Liger, Muta, Ultimo Dragon) at Takeovers until Hideo returned from injury to sort him out. 

Probably bordering on shitpost rather than random thought, but I like to think that in an alternate dimension Randy Orton became a mega star. On paper he might be my favourite wrestler but it just never really clicked for him to make it into that top level. There's been glimpses of greatness from him and I reckon if he hit his peak in the late 90's he could've been every bit as over as anyone at that time. 

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, Undefeated Steak said:

Probably bordering on shitpost rather than random thought, but I like to think that in an alternate dimension Randy Orton became a mega star. On paper he might be my favourite wrestler but it just never really clicked for him to make it into that top level. There's been glimpses of greatness from him and I reckon if he hit his peak in the late 90's he could've been every bit as over as anyone at that time. 

There was definitely something there - we saw it in that brief period in the mid-to-late 2000s when he DDTed Stephanie and he'd just started Legacy, and then it all went to shit. Part of it was just that he wasn't motivated. He's really just there to pick up his pay cheque, and that's about it. I was a big fan of him at one point.

And taking into account the unexpected popularity of the RKO memes, I am left wondering 1. how did that even come about? and 2. how did he/they fail to make something of that?

You know what they've never done before that could disrupt WWE's creative malaise or even just provide a bit of a short term publicity boost - SEND IT TO THE FANS.

Select a random sample that includes all demographics - men, women, kids, "casuals" (however many are left now), old-timers/saddos like most of us, lapsed fans, etc etc, and have them write storylines. 

Kayfabe's dead anyway so its not like it would be "exposing" the biz.

This is a half-baked post because my lunch break is nearly over but wondered what everyone thought the troubles or potential benefits of this could be.