Random Thoughts III.

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Would Cesaro been a WWE World Champion if he didn't look like a younger Johnny Vaughan?

Would Johnny Vaughan be a WWE world champ if he didnt look like a middle aged Cesaro?

• Paid Members
22 minutes ago, ElCece said:

Would Johnny Vaughan be a WWE world champ if he didnt look like a middle aged Cesaro?

Blow Your Mind Wow GIF by Product Hunt

He's had a prison conviction, he would't even get on to NXT UK. Yet Cesaro could possibly present a revival of Moviewatch and would be a good Radio 5 Live presenter

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members

Yeah, it's just that his frame was a lot slighter than everyone else's, and hadn't packed loads of muscle on. Actually worked for him, I think, as no-one looked like him. Even as X-Pac, when he was a fair bit bigger, he still stood out.

I actually miss X-Pac/123 Kid - is he retired now? Would've loved to have seen him in AEW or NWA (think he'd probably be better in the latter).

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

I actually miss X-Pac/123 Kid - is he retired now? Would've loved to have seen him in AEW or NWA (think he'd probably be better in the latter).

Always thought he'd have made a great 'old hand' in NXT, like the run Rhino had there.

• Paid Members

He worked WrestleCon around 'Mania weekend this year, and was still doing the odd show in the years before that, so it's not out of the question that he could wrestle again, though he's likely done as far as anything like a regular schedule goes. According to Wikipedia, he said he'd do a Wrestlemania or Takeover match, but otherwise he's done.

I know he had Hepatitis-C at one point, so it may be that WWE won't clear him.

• Paid Members

According to his Cagematch he's only wrestled once this year, but wrestled 7 times in 2018 and 15 times in 2017 (all of them tags, multi-mans and rumbles), so he's definitely winding it down. 

As for another related random thought, I've only just found out that the opening lyrics to his theme are "MAKE SOME NOISE!" and are not "X-PAAAAACCCCC!" like I thought it was for past twenty years.

Edited by Accident Prone

28 minutes ago, Accident Prone said:

According to his Cagematch he's only wrestled once this year, but wrestled 7 times in 2018 and 15 times in 2017 (all of them tags, multi-mans and rumbles), so he's definitely winding it down. 

That will have been when he came back from tearing his arse won’t it? I reckon he could do a decent match with someone in NXT as a one-off though, give an up & comer a good 10 minutes on a Takeover

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

That will have been when he came back from tearing his arse won’t it? I reckon he could do a decent match with someone in NXT as a one-off though, give an up & comer a good 10 minutes on a Takeover

The arse tearing was in 2013, it feels like only yesterday!

He had some corkers in CHIKARA in 2011 and 2012, wrestling as the 123 Kid, but haven't seen anything decent from him since. 

That he hasn't had a token Rumble entrance or a nostalgia stint despite being a DX lad makes me think WWE won't clear him to wrestle.