Sign in to follow this  
PowerButchi

Random Thoughts III.

2 hours ago, BomberPat said:

"You want a realistic down-to-earth show that's completely off the wall and swarming with magic robots?"

I thought it worked on Lucha Underground 

On 9/25/2019 at 1:29 PM, Otto Dem Wanz said:

You know what they've never done before that could disrupt WWE's creative malaise or even just provide a bit of a short term publicity boost - SEND IT TO THE FANS.

Select a random sample that includes all demographics - men, women, kids, "casuals" (however many are left now), old-timers/saddos like most of us, lapsed fans, etc etc, and have them write storylines. 

Kayfabe's dead anyway so its not like it would be "exposing" the biz.

This is a half-baked post because my lunch break is nearly over but wondered what everyone thought the troubles or potential benefits of this could be. 

Nah. It wouldn't work.

The writers aren't to blame for WWE's creative problems. It's down to Vince as well as the corporate structure he's created. The best writers in the world would struggle to satisfy both the audience and a 75 year old lunatic, who is totally out of touch, and changes his mind on a whim. That's not even considering the demands of the various networks and Saudi Billionaires.

I mean, just imagine the pish these folk must have to put up with. It's frustrating to watch storylines be dropped with no explanation, or just totally fucked up. Having to write them must be fucking devastating.

53 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

I preferred the spin-off The Serious Professionals starring El Dandy.

I doubt that

On 9/27/2019 at 12:24 PM, The Reverend said:

Just been watching a 1980 episode of The Professionals on ITV4 - one of the bad guys is called Dusty Rhodes. 

Even Cody's dad has got a better slot on ITV4 than him!

I’m gonna try and watch all the wrestling this week - Raw season premiere, NXT’s big Wednesday, the first AEW, the big SmackDown, and Hell in a Cell. Gonna try not to read any results, and not just go for the YouTube edit, but watch all of the shows.

I reckon I’ll make it as far as tomorrow morning, and read what happened on Raw while I’m on the way to work. But right now, I’m excited for all of these shows.

15 hours ago, King Pitcos said:

I’m gonna try and watch all the wrestling this week - Raw season premiere, NXT’s big Wednesday, the first AEW, the big SmackDown, and Hell in a Cell. Gonna try not to read any results, and not just go for the YouTube edit, but watch all of the shows.

I reckon I’ll make it as far as tomorrow morning, and read what happened on Raw while I’m on the way to work. But right now, I’m excited for all of these shows.

Agreed, so am I. Whatever anyone thinks of AEW, we've got a week in which there are 4, maybe 5 wrestling shows I want to watch. From my interest being at a near all-time low. Fair fucks to them and to WWE for firing back.

I watched 5 minutes of a condensed highlight of Raw then fast forwarded it as soon as Sasha's Banks music hit. The new era hasnt started well for me.

I was listening to Lilian Garcia's podcast last night, an episode where Tamina Snuka was the guest.

She said that Jimmy 'Superfly' Snuka never in his life learned to read or write.

That would of course be a huge stumbling block for anybody in any period of time wishing to become rich and successful, but can you imagine being a wrestler in the 1980's (pre sat-nav, pre-Google, pre-smartphone, etc) on the road 300 days a year being unable to read road signs or maps?!

For him to become as successful as he did in that time under those circumstances boggles my mind.

7 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

Saw a fella in the gym in a Gold's Gym vest. Wasn't Lex unfortunately. 

You need one of these bad boys.

Screen Shot 2019-10-03 at 20.59.06.png

4 minutes ago, garynysmon said:

You need one of these bad boys.

Screen Shot 2019-10-03 at 20.59.06.png

I'd wear that. Need a decent wrestling shirt. Waited 20 years to get hold of an nWo shirt and now it's three sizes too big.