Random Thoughts III.

PowerButchi

Sorry if this isn’t the correct thread for this but I don’t know where else to put it...

why are so many wrestling fans complete pricks?  Just been to a show and a pastry faced potato head fan had a megaphone with him, saying 2 everytime there was a 2 count but also doing commentary, luckily not throughout, but like you would with your friends, he was alone of course...but the occasional remark about the match, calling out moves etc.  He also said “what’s next” after each match.  All through a megaphone!

How desperate for some attention can you be?

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, The Dart said:

Sorry if this isn’t the correct thread for this but I don’t know where else to put it...

why are so many wrestling fans complete pricks?  Just been to a show and a pastry faced potato head fan had a megaphone with him, saying 2 everytime there was a 2 count but also doing commentary, luckily not throughout, but like you would with your friends, he was alone of course...but the occasional remark about the match, calling out moves etc.  He also said “what’s next” after each match.  All through a megaphone!

How desperate for some attention can you be?

Did he look like this?

wrestlemania ix wrestling GIF by WWE

• Paid Members

If you were a fan of those superstar logos that used the be on the shiny sticker in the sticker books, loading screen on the PS2 games etc, you'll love the new NXT shirts that have turned up today:

There are more on the link, some for people I've genuinely never heard of.

9 minutes ago, Otto Dem Wanz said:

Just me or is the Killian Dain one a bit... swastika-y?

Not even remotely to be honest, it's a chaos emblem - Swastika is 4 arrows pointing counter-clockwise, his logo is 8 arrows pointing outwards from the centre. I'd use pictures to demonstrate but the forum probably pops up for noncery now so we don't want to get on the radar for Nazism as well.

Edited by Bicurious Dad

For me progress has been such a huge thing for me when it comes to wrestling. I had got bored and pretty much given up on all things wrestling around the Time jimmy havoc won the belt and it drew me so much in i became a huge fan of british wrestling over all things American and have stuck with them through thick and thin....one thing thst has got more and more annoying is the fact they will have a show and instantly post spoilers everywhere meaning you have to completely avoid social media which is impossible for me because I'm in the music industry and use social media every day for my job....

This past weekend they had the biggest show of the year and I can't fucking belive for a second that at the stage there at they can't upload there shows way faster than they do and this show has once again been spoiled thanks to there consistent need for instant gratification and need to be talked about online and it's just got to the point where it's now become impossible to support and enjoy the product....

Is this something that annoys and upsets anyone else 

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, Kfogg1991 said:

Is this something that annoys and upsets anyone else.

1) Don't follow the PROGRESS account

2) In the gap between the show taking place and the show being uploaded, take a few minutes and mute the wrestlers names, the event name, the event hashtag, the company hashtag, promoter accounts, any accounts that might tweet out spoilers and anything else that could slip through.

It's not on PROGRESS or anyone else to comply with you on this. The event has happened, therefore people have every right to talk about it, even the promoters.

The event has happened, they’ll have things they want to make known and have people talking about. If they leave it a week until the shows up on demand, people will have moved on already, thereby not talking about their show as it’s old hat by then. 

BBC give you the chance to “look away now” when the Footie results come on. If you keep watching and see the result, that’s your fault. Don’t put yourself in a position where it can be spoiled for you