Random Thoughts III.

PowerButchi

15 hours ago, Your Fight Site said:

There’s a HHH that parks over the road from my place. 

Sabotages other cars around him if they try and take his spot 

There a thread for wrestlers exaggeration stories?  There should be, they're all at it.

Just listening to a podcast with Tatanka where he says he had 500 matches a year during his early 90s WWE run and his undefeated streak was nearly 1000 matches.  Thought I'd check that out as it sounded like bullshit and he had approx 150 matches a year in 1992-1993 and his undefeated streak was less than 400 matches.   Now, it's possible some matches from that era aren't documented online, but 350 matches a year not documented online?  Don't think so.  Why do wrestlers love lying about facts that are easily verifiable so much?

Hogan obviously has some great lies, many of which have been covered by @Astro Hollywood in his book.

He had a similar “500 matches per year” story where he reckoned he would have a match in Japan, then fly back to the US and be able to have a match earlier that same day due to passing over the different time zones

Beefcake claiming that DDP hit in the head with a chair that caused him to bleed and shoot blood “30 feet into the crowd” is a particular favourite piece of wrestling bullshit

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members
16 hours ago, The Dart said:

There a thread for wrestlers exaggeration stories?  There should be, they're all at it.

Just listening to a podcast with Tatanka where he says he had 500 matches a year during his early 90s WWE run and his undefeated streak was nearly 1000 matches.  Thought I'd check that out as it sounded like bullshit and he had approx 150 matches a year in 1992-1993 and his undefeated streak was less than 400 matches.   Now, it's possible some matches from that era aren't documented online, but 350 matches a year not documented online?  Don't think so.  Why do wrestlers love lying about facts that are easily verifiable so much?

I guess because pro wrestling is an entertainment avenue where the more boisterous and outlandish the better, and back in the ‘80s you didn’t have the Internet or geeks who would fact-check every thing you said, so you got away with telling larger-than-life stories to keep the gimmick up.

Also…

giphy.gif

• Paid Members

Just seen in the toy thread that the “Bulldog is gonna win, whether he likes it or not” kid has got a figure? Is that true? Is there any other info about this guy or anything? Only reason I ask is I think I found the footage so it would be interesting to know how famous the clip is now

36 minutes ago, waters44 said:

Just seen in the toy thread that the “Bulldog is gonna win, whether he likes it or not” kid has got a figure? Is that true? Is there any other info about this guy or anything? Only reason I ask is I think I found the footage so it would be interesting to know how famous the clip is now

It’s not a figure that’s in production. Someone has just customised a figure of the kid from Last Action Hero and created the packaging. Looks great as well.