Random Thoughts III.

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Anyone see that video with Bayley and the host looking terrified when told they have to drive themselves after the show? 2019 has been a interesting year for the light shining on WWE's treatment of their wrestlers. Makes you hope they do something about it eventually.

• Paid Members
On 7/12/2019 at 4:18 PM, Louch said:

Always thought the crucible in Sheffield would be good for an indie to run, the ramped seating would hold a good atmosphere in 

Promotions have enquired over the years (including recently) - the Crucible just doesn't want the wrestling. 

Just sifting through the Evolve anniversary show on the Network, and good gravy, what a mess! I’m third match in, and, so far, two people have been kicked in the nose within the first few seconds of the match. I get that you want to impress with this new audience, but it’s scrappy as all hell, and not in a good way. 

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

I’m going to watch the rest of it some point, but I had to turn it off after the Anthony Henry pre-taped hype video. It’s a pre-tape, they literally had infinite takes to get it right, and that was the best they got? It was fucking rancid

Agreed, he looked ok in the match following that promo, but jesus that was a bad video. 

Josh Briggs is surely a future NXT signee, seems green but he's big and has a very WWE look. 

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, mim731 said:

Agreed, he looked ok in the match following that promo, but jesus that was a bad video. 

Josh Briggs is surely a future NXT signee, seems green but he's big and has a very WWE look. 

Give him the gimmick of being related to Johnny Briggs and boom Wrestlings best intro music

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

I’ve been watching Raw from the 90s, and I’ve just watched a celebrity appearance I didn’t know about, which is odd given the magnitude of the star. 

On one hand Ben Stiller’s 1999 Raw appearance should be something they bring up every now and again. On the other hand, they’d have to cut most of what he says because he spends almost all of his time talking about Debra’s boobs. I’m amazed that he agreed to do that even in 1999. It’s unbelievably creepy. 

• Paid Members
42 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

I’m amazed that he agreed to do that even in 1999. It’s unbelievably creepy. 

Really? 1999 was the height of the "teen movie". Gratuitous tits and sex everywhere. I think you're being a bit hindsighty.

16 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Really? 1999 was the height of the "teen movie". Gratuitous tits and sex everywhere. I think you're being a bit hindsighty.

Oh probably. I was 11 years old then so I don’t remember that time period all that well...I may be looking back with rose-tinted glasses from a progressiveness standpoint.

Having said that, I don’t really remember Ben Stiller being cast in that kind of role (nb. He may well have been at some point) - I associate him with playing the loveable loser rather than the horned up creep. 

I dunno, I found it odd to watch.

• Paid Members

Stiller's often shown a willingness to send himself up, even when he's playing himself. In Extras, he portrayed himself as a hopelessly-insecure egomaniac. He probably saw playing the horned-up creep as just another self-mocking performance in which the audience were in on the joke again.

Shamelessly stolen from Reddit but...

q9uq7ig92ya31.jpg?width=768&auto=webp&s=

Eight years ago today. Wrestling's great for those "where's my life gone" moments, and this one caught me!

Am I making this up or was this a non PPV event in the UK? I seem to remember watching the whole event the following day but doubt I’d have paid for an event that was not Wrestlemania. 

10 minutes ago, MrK said:

Am I making this up or was this a non PPV event in the UK? I seem to remember watching the whole event the following day but doubt I’d have paid for an event that was not Wrestlemania. 

Yeah this was back when there were half or so of the yearly pay per views on normal sky sports rather than box office. I’m fairly certain this one was on sky sports. I think gradually in the time up to when the network arrived in the uk a few more events each year moved to box office.