PowerButchi

Random Thoughts III.

15 hours ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Danny Doring was shite, too. Bit of a rotten career, really. Got trained in the army camp that was Saturn, Taz and Bubba's small cocked wrestling school, was in the shite era of ECW and then did nothing but pretend ECW shows until the day he died (he's not dead.) At least Nova repackaged himself.

Quite enjoyed his YouShoot though even though Sean Oliver clearly had no idea who he was.

Sean Oliver reading a fan question asking whether Doring prefers real or fake boobs...

Doring: Is there such thing? 

Oliver: As? 

Doring: Fake titty or real titty? 

Oliver: Well, an implanted one or...

Doring: If you can suck on them and put them in your mouth, they're real, right? You can grab them and they're physically in your face and you're sucking on them, you know what I mean? 

Oliver: So no difference to you? 

Doring: Does he jerk off? 

Oliver: He looks...like he does. 

Doring: Does he prefer a real vagina or a hand balled up?

Yeah Doring’s shoot interviews were decent. Turns out listening to him talk about his career is a lot better than actually watching anything from his career. 

Chris Hamrick was superb every time I saw him wrestle over here, in many different ways. Whether it was taking that crazy back bump between the top 2 ropes to the outside against Doug Williams at the Winter Gardens at Cleethorpes, or taking the piss against a fat lad in Asda trainers and hand drawn kickpads he was always a joy to watch. 

1 hour ago, tiger_rick said:

Hand drawn kickpads?

It wasn't just me that had visions of someone colouring their shins in with a Sharpie.

Just watching the Tennis at Wimbledon and it occurred to me that centre court would be an amazing wrestling venue especially with the roof on. 

Always thought the crucible in Sheffield would be good for an indie to run, the ramped seating would hold a good atmosphere in 

Miz had a really great ladder match with CM Punk and Alberto Del Rio. I reckon he's had just enough great matches for a DVD set.

38 minutes ago, Grecian said:

It wasn't just me that had visions of someone colouring their shins in with a Sharpie.

I was thinking he'd coloured in some white socks.

Anyone see that video with Bayley and the host looking terrified when told they have to drive themselves after the show? 2019 has been a interesting year for the light shining on WWE's treatment of their wrestlers. Makes you hope they do something about it eventually.

On 7/12/2019 at 4:18 PM, Louch said:

Always thought the crucible in Sheffield would be good for an indie to run, the ramped seating would hold a good atmosphere in 

Promotions have enquired over the years (including recently) - the Crucible just doesn't want the wrestling. 

Just sifting through the Evolve anniversary show on the Network, and good gravy, what a mess! I’m third match in, and, so far, two people have been kicked in the nose within the first few seconds of the match. I get that you want to impress with this new audience, but it’s scrappy as all hell, and not in a good way. 

I’m going to watch the rest of it some point, but I had to turn it off after the Anthony Henry pre-taped hype video. It’s a pre-tape, they literally had infinite takes to get it right, and that was the best they got? It was fucking rancid

7 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

I’m going to watch the rest of it some point, but I had to turn it off after the Anthony Henry pre-taped hype video. It’s a pre-tape, they literally had infinite takes to get it right, and that was the best they got? It was fucking rancid

Agreed, he looked ok in the match following that promo, but jesus that was a bad video. 

Josh Briggs is surely a future NXT signee, seems green but he's big and has a very WWE look.