Random Thoughts III.

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Shut the front door, that Austin turn was fine. The lack of an established top level face for him to work with besides Taker and Kane again going forward was daft, and being in Texas made it less of a reaction I'd guess, but that turn and finish on that night as a show closer wasn't that bad.

• Paid Members

I watched all there 2000 PPV's earlier this year. Utter dog shit.

For worst ending to a show to me my mind jumps straight to mania 9. Probably as someone who doesn't like Hogan its a prime example of his bullshit

I absolutely HATED the ending of WrestleMania 9 at the time, and still do today. It seemed like all the good work the previous year in having younger or better workers at the top of the card was being flushed away in favour of the same old tired Hogan routine. Plus Hulk looked like a fucking leather man at the time. Plus it sickened me to hear Jim Ross gushing over Hulk Hogan after all his years promoting the more credible NWA/WCW product.

• Paid Members

I liked it because I was hoping it would lead to Hogan v Bret, which it never did of course. Didn't stop WWF Magazine doing a feature on how a match between them might go, raising my hopes still further. Bastards.

• Paid Members

I absolutely HATED the ending of WrestleMania 9 at the time, and still do today. It seemed like all the good work the previous year in having younger or better workers at the top of the card was being flushed away in favour of the same old tired Hogan routine. Plus Hulk looked like a fucking leather man at the time. Plus it sickened me to hear Jim Ross gushing over Hulk Hogan after all his years promoting the more credible NWA/WCW product.

As a 9 year old at the time, I was chuffed to bits. I kind of resented getting Sky just after all the big stars had left, so it felt I was getting a taste of Hulkamania like everyone else had.

Of course in hindsight, it didn't work. But business was down in 93 and Vince had to to go the tried and tested formula. I can't say I blame him.

• Paid Members

When in 1993 was Hogan vs Bret supposed to happen? You'd assume either King Of The Ring or SummerSlam but then where would Yokozuna have fit into their plans then? It seemed like they were always planning to push Yoko as the monster heel. I guess they still could have gone with Stars & Stripes Lex Luger vs Yoko underneath Hogan vs Bret, but I always assumed they only turned Luger because Hogan fucked off.