Random Thoughts III.

PowerButchi

Apparently since the brand split, 14 out of Reigns' 18 matches on Raw have been against Owens and/or Jericho.

It's Reigns vs. Owens and Jericho in a handicap match for the US Title isn't it? I presume Jericho will win it. That way they can get the title off Reigns, have him win the Universal belt at the Rumble and then Jericho and Owens can turn on one and other and fight for the US belt at Mania.

• Paid Members

That seems to tick all the boxes for everybody, I'd say you're spot on there. Then Roman can defend against Strowman at Mania after he wins the Rumble maybe? I forget who has the Chamber PPV to produce the challenger for the title of the other show.

That seems to tick all the boxes for everybody, I'd say you're spot on there. Then Roman can defend against Strowman at Mania after he wins the Rumble maybe? I forget who has the Chamber PPV to produce the challenger for the title of the other show.

Smackdown have it.

• Paid Members

Then I think Strowman win's the Rumble, and possibly Taker winning a number one contender's Chamber match. Unless Vince goes mad and tries to do a champion vs champion match between Cena and Roman.

I could have seen Balor facing Reigns for the belt, but not if he needs to win the Rumble to get there as I can't see him being ready in time for the end of the month.

• Paid Members

No one is buying the Rumble for Reigns vs. Owens. They know that, they're not relying on it to sell a PPV so they stick it all over TV. This has been and is going to be the case as long as the big stars are part-timers who come in for big shows.

I only watch the main roster PPVs now. I don't bother with the main shows. I let the video package guys earn their crust and get me into a match in two minutes. One thing WWE do well is presentation. Rather a decent doctored two-minute highlight reel than 4 weeks of nonsensical undercooked waffle.

Edited by CavemanLynn

What do you reckon the chances of Cena winning the title off AJ at the rumble, equalling Flair's record, Taker taking it off him in the Elimination Chamber, then Cena winning it back and beating Flair's record at Mania?

Taker wouldn't have to wrestle a full match at EC, he get's one final title run and Mania can close with Cena beating Flair record for most title wins.

What do you reckon the chances of Cena winning the title off AJ at the rumble, equalling Flair's record, Taker taking it off him in the Elimination Chamber, then Cena winning it back and beating Flair's record at Mania?

Taker wouldn't have to wrestle a full match at EC, he get's one final title run and Mania can close with Cena beating Flair record for most title wins.

I think it more likely that Cena wins the title at the Rumble and then Taker takes the title from Cena at Wrestlemania but retires as champion.

Cena v Undertaker is the big money match that they've been needing to do for a while, have it be a proper battle with Taker just edging it only to then say that even though he won, he's knows his time has come.

If the rumours of Cena taking more time off this year, you've got him breaking Flair's record for little payoffs he'll be dropping it again soon afterwards, and unless they move some people about the only credible champion on Smackdown is AJ Styles

Has anyone in WWE retired as champ? It's the done thing to do the favours on your way out isn't it?

It is (unless you're Bret Hart, but that's a different argument) but would we not say that Taker has early the big send off?

The streak ending could have been his swansong, but obviously that's no longer the case

• Paid Members

The streak ending should have been his swansong, but I'm guessing Vince was at panic stations over who he could get on at MAnia to pop a decent buy rate. I'm guessing that's why he's on Raw this week as well, to try and get the rating back above Smackdown's. Although Tripper will be back now that Monday Night Football's finished for the season so he can claim that he's responsible for any possible rise in ratings.

What are your Hall of Fame picks for this year?

I've seen DDP and Rick Rude heavily rumoured, also seen Daniel Bryan heavily fancied on some sites.

I think it will be:

Headliner: The Rock (thinking it would be good to induct him in Florida)

DDP

Rick Rude

Vader

Tag Team: The Dudley Boyz

Woman: Sable (makes sense with Brock around)

Celebrity: Motorhead

Warrior Award: Kris Travis (I think the UK stuff could help make this happen)