Random Thoughts III.

PowerButchi

Anyone think they will do two Rumbles this year with the brand split?

Just done a little mathematics and if they have some guys pull double duty, throw in some cruiserweights to the RAW side and some special guests to the SD side then they can make 30 guys for each brand.

In fact I could see them doing three Rumbles and having a Women's one with everyone not a champion in it. They could easily pull off a 15-woman Rumble.

With it being the Alamodome and likely to be a marathon event on the WWE Network, I could see it being something they do to really hammer the Rumble concept into the ground,

• Paid Members

I was pondering this earlier. It'd be one way to keep the Survivor Series as the only place Raw & Smackdown wrestlers can wrestle each other, but then each rumble would have some absolute nobodies involved in it.

• Paid Members

Maybe it'll be like 2004 when the Rumble was on Smackdown the Thursday following the Rumble PPV that was won by Eddie. I can't for the life of me remember why they didn't have one at the Royal Rumble PPV, though.

Maybe it'll be like 2004 when the Rumble was on Smackdown the Thursday following the Rumble PPV that was won by Eddie. I can't for the life of me remember why they didn't have one at the Royal Rumble PPV, though.

That was because Beniot won it in 04 and was on smackdown at the time, he then defected to raw so smackdown had there own mini rumble on tv to crown there own number 1 contender, this set up that belting Eddie/Brock match at no way out.

• Paid Members

That was because Beniot won it in 04 and was on smackdown at the time, he then defected to raw so smackdown had there own mini rumble on tv to crown there own number 1 contender, this set up that belting Eddie/Brock match at no way out.

Ben who? I think you've missed the joke. It was a great run into that year's Mania though.

I love Rusev in these videos. Kofi at the end of his game with Rusev was so good as well. Has Woods ever had Anderson and Gallows on this? I dunno what their gaming is like, but they're a million times better on podcasts and YouTube messabouts than they are at wrestling shows, so this could be a way to get them over with at least a few more WWE viewers.

Anyone seen Rusev on Xavier Woods' gaming channel?

He's named himself Roman Reigns because he never loses. Brilliant.

I'm looking forward to the inevitable Neville vs Rusev final in that FIFA tournament more than I have any WWE matches for quite a while.

• Paid Members

Just listening to the Sunny episode of Something To Wrestle With and of course the subject of Ron Simmons coming to the WWF in 1996 comes up. Conrad asks Bruce why, when they brought Simmons in as Faarooq and paired him with Sunny, why they had Ron wear that goofy blue gladiator helmet. And Bruce said it was to hide Ron's receding hairline and make him look younger.

I love that. It can't be the real reason, can it? There were way worse receders than Ron Simmons' over the years. Fuck, Hulk Hogan was the biggest star in wrestling for decades and he looked 50 when he was in his late 20s. I just love the idea that Simmons would see the baby blue gladiator helmet as the preferable and less embarrassing option over letting the world see he was going a bit thin on top.