Random Thoughts III.

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

It really winds me up how people can seemingly just say "I'm officially entering the Royal Rumble match" and that automatically becomes the case, with zero quality control. What if a bunch of jobbers fill up the spots before the main eventers get round to announcing it, as they seem to be doing it at a leisurely pace?

I'd fucking love them to do that as an angle with Ziggler, actually. "Sorry mate, full. Konnor from the Ascension & Jack Swagger took the last two places 20 minutes ago. Why'd you wait until now to book? People have been doing it for ages. Goldberg entered about 2 months ago."

I watched the Raw after Wrestlemania 29 last night. What were they thinking turning The Miz and Alberto Del Rio face?

Also, I have absolutely no memory of Booker T being the Smackdown GM.

I just read that last line and thought "...he wasn't GM was he?" , but looked it up and yep he was. How did I miss that?

• Paid Members

Rewatching the Big Show and Floyd Mayweather stuff on the Network, I realised that if I was Vince McMahon I'd be doing everything in my power to book Conor McGregor vs. Floyd Mayweather at WrestleMania. The amount of press that would get would be insane.

Edited by Supremo

As someone who's never paid any mind to boxing, Mayweather (and his crew) were excellent during that. love that stuff. Big Show running after him with a broken snozz was fuckin amazing

• Paid Members

The Big Show/Mayweather match was brilliantly put together too. WWE was on point for most of 2008.

Anyway, I think every promoter would want McGregor and Mayweather together in a ring. $100M for Floyd and £10.50 for McGregor, I believe is the going price.

Edited by ColinBollocks

Rewatching the Big Show and Floyd Mayweather stuff on the Network, I realised that if I was Vince McMahon I'd be doing everything in my power to book Conor McGregor vs. Floyd Mayweather at WrestleMania. The amount of press that would get would be insane.

Surely UFC would not allow McGregor anywhere near a WWE ring, never mind in the same ring with Mayweather.

• Paid Members

Surely UFC would not allow McGregor anywhere near a WWE ring, never mind in the same ring with Mayweather.
They let Ronda do Wrestlemania that one year, and I assume getting Brock Lesnar for UFC 200 meant that the UFC would have to do WWE a similar favour down the line. Brock and Conor feel like a pretty fair swap.