Random Thoughts III.

PowerButchi

• Awards Moderator

I know you've all been unable to sleep since my last WWE Network exchange rate update, so here's the latest:

TP14t18.png

FYI I subscribe to mine from America and it is converted to GBP. It's now the most expensive it's ever been (£8.56 yesterday).

Came back to work after lunch to find some of the whatculture videos had loaded themselves up on Youtube. Don't pay masses of attention to them but two recent ones came across very much like a reaction to the UK Title stuff. "New Japan is competition to WWE now" and "Why NXT isn't working" it doesn't help the "Simon" from what culture is an interminable  cunt that makes me what to change my own name.

I watched their "What Just Happened" video about the UK tournament and you can smell the bitterness even down to picking up on chants and moaning about it despite similar stuff happening on their shows. No doubt there's going to be even more anti-WWE stuff than normal coming from them now.

It's interesting isn't it? Do you think they've possibly fucked themselves as promoters? If WWE continue to sign up all the UK talent and seemingly let them continue to work the other indies Progress, ICW, Rev Pro who have all been smart enough to work with them. What's going to be left for What Culture? Just bringing in a bunch of imports all the time. Doesn't seem to work as a model over here.

Also the Angle announcement could possibly leave the main event of their Milton Keynes show in doubt, possibly?

I did think when Angle was announced for the H.O.F they'd make sure he stops working any WCPW dates. What Culture posted something congratulating Angle with something along the lines of "hope to see you in a WCPW ring again soon". If WWE are stopping the UK Tournament lads working for them no way will they let their Hall Of Fame headliner do shows.

• Paid Members

Perhaps, but he's not Daniel Bryan. If they're not interested in him doing anything else other than HOF, I can't imagine whatever money they're paying him for that and/or a Legends deal is going to be enough to stop him taking bookings from money marks like What Culture.

• Paid Members

Remember a few years ago when Meltzer reported that a famous wrestling manager asked WWE if they were hiring, and he was told to turn up for a try-out at the Performance Center because they didn't know who he was? Who was it? Can't remember.

Edit: found it - James Mitchell. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Mitchell_(manager)#World_Wrestling_Entertainment_.282009.29

Edited by herbie747

• Paid Members

If you are on the Observer site, go through the archives and there's an interview with Mitchell telling the whole story. He turned up and Steve Keirn was like "and you are?"

Mitchell was in line for Dutch Mantell's role a few years ago, until someone suggested Dutch looked exactly how the character was imagined. Apparently brought up about being Prince Albert's manager when he came back, but it never happened. Someone doesnt like him it seems.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

I've got rid of the Network. I can't justify it anymore. Wrestling right now is shit. I don't watch new stuff. "Kevin Owens" could walk past me in the street and I wouldn't have a clue who he was. Watched most of the old WCW PPVs I want to watch. What's the point? Is anybody else getting there?

Edited by bAzTNM#1

• Paid Members

I got it again because of the Rumble, which is worth the 9.99, seeing who they have in it this year (mainly Goldberg) and Styles v Cena.

I did get rid of it for a while because I wasn't watching most PPVs and outside of NXT there is a lack of good original content. I barely watch the archive stuff these days too.

I have been there a long time, I signed up the very first time with the free month then i think paid for about 3 months and cancelled, since then i have used the 3 or 4 different e-mail accounts I have to snag the trial on a Mania or Summerslam or just a month when they have something that tickles my fancy. I then stopped altogether, couldn't even be arsed to sign up with a trial, until i got the e-mail in November for this 3 months free offer, so I thought sod it, i am off for 2 weeks around Christmas it will pass some time.

I appreciate the effort they put in to it but for me personally I find the content garbage 90% of the time, anything they actually have to come up with as an original concept just is so wide of the mark in terms of what i am looking for, I simply don't want to see Ric Flair or Shawn Michaels in animated cartoon form making shit jokes, I watched a couple of E+C shows and hated them. I want stuff like "where are they now" retrospectives, go and visit Nailz to see what he is up to, 30 minutes sit down interview, let's see what the Mean Street Posse are up to. Someone said something on here about the Warehouse, i want to see that, give me a tour of that, give me a tour of WWE Headquarters, like a day in the life of a creative team member or something. Just interesting stuff that's all I want.

• Paid Members

I have been there a long time, I signed up the very first time with the free month then i think paid for about 3 months and cancelled, since then i have used the 3 or 4 different e-mail accounts I have to snag the trial on a Mania or Summerslam or just a month when they have something that tickles my fancy. I then stopped altogether, couldn't even be arsed to sign up with a trial, until i got the e-mail in November for this 3 months free offer, so I thought sod it, i am off for 2 weeks around Christmas it will pass some time.

I appreciate the effort they put in to it but for me personally I find the content garbage 90% of the time, anything they actually have to come up with as an original concept just is so wide of the mark in terms of what i am looking for, I simply don't want to see Ric Flair or Shawn Michaels in animated cartoon form making shit jokes, I watched a couple of E+C shows and hated them. I want stuff like "where are they now" retrospectives, go and visit Nailz to see what he is up to, 30 minutes sit down interview, let's see what the Mean Street Posse are up to. Someone said something on here about the Warehouse, i want to see that, give me a tour of that, give me a tour of WWE Headquarters, like a day in the life of a creative team member or something. Just interesting stuff that's all I want.

Agree with a lot of what has been said in the above quote.

Breaking Ground was great and some of the interview stuff is good, but the original output seems to have slowed recently certainly in terms of quality. I thought that thing with Rosenberg, Heyman & JBL was rubbish and pointless. It boiled down to Heyman going "don't watch, then" (which I agree with but the network aint the place to spout that) and JBL making awful points like comparing the 205 Live guys going on last, or after Smackdown to his own main event run with the WWE Championship

• Paid Members

I've probably watched about 5% of their original content. Hardly any of it interests me. Talking Smack is probably the best thing they put out regularly and the Takeover specials are worth the money.

The classic stuff is where it's at. Fucking love it. Constantly watching something. Old Royal Rumbles, episodes of Raw or Nitro, odd matches from PPVs or just moments that get a mention and I have to check out.

Throw in all the current PPVs and it's worth double the price easy.