Random Thoughts III.

PowerButchi

I discovered the other day that a friend from uni is now working at Madison Square Garden. I'm disproportionately excited about it and I don't think she quite understands why!

Back when I was about 12 I reckon I could've named the arena in every big US city or town because of weekly WWF shows and PPVs.

Even today, working in travel, if I'm looking at somewhere it's usually the name of the arena that first springs to mind.

• Paid Members

I discovered the other day that a friend from uni is now working at Madison Square Garden. I'm disproportionately excited about it and I don't think she quite understands why!

Back when I was about 12 I reckon I could've named the arena in every big US city or town because of weekly WWF shows and PPVs.

Even today, working in travel, if I'm looking at somewhere it's usually the name of the arena that first springs to mind.

I think like most wrestling fans, I have a fair knowledge of North America city names as states/provinces.

The other day my girlfriend was reading a book on her Kindle. I briefly looked over her shoulder and saw "Hilton Head" in the top line and said, “Oh, Hilton Head. That's in South Carolina." She looked around at me and went, "Yes. How did you know?"

Didn't have the courage to say because it was where the late Sean O'Haire was billed from.

The first time I heard Dolph Ziggler introduced as being from Hollywood, Florida, I just assumed the announcer messed up.

The Hard Rock Hotel there is spectacular; stayed there last year & was upgraded on arrival ... superb place to stay & play! :)

• Paid Members

I used to like the openings to WWF Superstars when they showed a few shots of the city and briefly explained what industry etc was based there. I suppose they had to stop that in 1994/95 when TV started being shot in high school gyms and health clubs.

Edited by garynysmon

• Moderators

The first time I heard Dolph Ziggler introduced as being from Hollywood, Florida, I just assumed the announcer messed up.

The greatest man of all time is from Hollywood, FL. Super Heel Billy Mitchell.

kong_off_ii_1.jpg

kong_off_ii_1.jpg

Nick Cave has let himself go a bit.

• Paid Members

kong_off_ii_1.jpg

Nick Cave has let himself go a bit.

Sucks for Nick Cave but I'm not too sure what that has to do with Billy Mitchell?

Billy in Man vs Snake.  :wub:

• Paid Members

I used to like the openings to WWF Superstars when they showed a few shots of the city and briefly explained what industry etc was based there. I suppose they had to stop that in 1994/95 when TV started being shot in high school gyms and health clubs.

ITV tried that once. And once only.

https://youtu.be/87HGqZsy8cA?t=9

Speaking of hair, it's both mad and an utter credit to the man that AJ totally gets away with his utterly odd barnet

Was gazing at him during Talking Smack. He looks surreal. I badly wanted to take some clippers to the back of his head - make that fringe stylish

• Awards Moderator

Just seen a clickbait ad titled "What WWE Star Kane Looks Like Now Is Literally Jaw Dropping."

I didn't click the link but I wonder, obviously completely sincerely without a hint of joking, what's he done to himself since his last appearance on SmackDown Live to warrant such headlines?