Random Thoughts III.

PowerButchi

An amusing Twitter exchange just happened where this absolute dick was ragging on a girl because she likes Reigns and Cena, and only likes them because they're hot. Anyway, he said to her "you don't even understand ring philosophy", to which I replied "Do you mean ring psychology?" And he said "No, that's something different"

He then blocked me, after I asked him to explain and he has since deleted his account. Which is funny obviously.

Aaaaanyway, is there such a thing as ring philosophy??? I'm not the biggest wrestling expert but I've never heard this phrase before.

Enjoying Jim Cornettes feud with Progress.

Brian Last asked him to take a look at the Riddle/Osperay match. Cornettes review included the ring announcer Jim Smallman. He said he looked like a bum and if it was his show he would take him out to the car park and have him hanged for showing up like that, he then had a good laugh when he heard he was the promoter.

Smallman has taken great offence to this for personal reasons.

Then responding to a tweet from a fan about Cornette. Jon Briley tweeted that Cornette was a vile odious human being.

Which sparked a mini feud on Twitter. With Progress rising above it to call their next show. "Old man shouts at cloud". As a dig at him.

I love Progress but I also like Jim Cornette his views are out of touch with the modern product. But a lot of what he says makes logical sense it just cannot always be applied to this era. He likes wrestling when he felt it was at its best. And in that era he was one of the best talkers.

In the most recent episode I think he said Smallman looked like a crack head. Respected ring announcers in Cornettes day wore a tux. Progress calls itself punk rock pro wrestling and that just would not fit with the product. Smallmans look and manner works. Smallmans straight edge but he has a good way to disguise it with the way he looks.

Progress are so sensitive. They seem to get legit wound up about it while Cornette will say anything to make some waves.

Or am I being worked and Cornette is booked at "Old Man Shouts at Cloud" .

• Awards Moderator

I think this wrestler is a UKFFer.

eNjZOWD.png

Earl Black Jr ‏@EarlBlackJr

I've written a list of wrestling goals for 2017. Number one is to be managed by Barry off Eastenders

Edited by Onyx2

• Paid Members

I like listening to Cornette just to hear him raging, sometimes e's on with his criticisms, but he is living in a bygone era. Anybody heard that thing where somebody proposed an angle to him about wrestlers getting stranded on Mars?

Similarly to that Bacon I popped onto r/SquaredCircle the other day and read some of the comments for the Cena AJ match. They're usually amusing and you still get the "Cena can't wrestle so AJ must've called the match" stuff.

If I need a reality check that I'm not mental then that place is good reassurance. However, someone said in regard to the match, "That's how you chain" and I almost leg dropped my laptop.

Wrestling fans outside this place are the worst.

Squared Circle has some fascinating minds on there. I usually go on there to check news because they're pretty good with that - I got banned from posting since I called Cody Rhodes overrated.

Anyway, the other day I stumbled into the comments on the Seth Rollins injury thread, and one creative genius suggested that Triple H should be cutting a promo next week about finally getting rid of Rollins, when suddenly CM Punk comes to the ring on a mororbike and there's the Wrestlemania match.

Cornette on wrestling is like my boss at work on Football.

He grew up in the 60's & 70's, and is unwilling to accept the rules have changed.

If a player jumps in with two feet and gets sent off, he is raging the next Monday morning.

"He got the ball, didn't even touch the player!" he yells, "that referee is a bloody idiot". 

"But the rules show he has to be sent off for that, whether he makes contact with the player or not" I reply.

"Well that's stupid" usually signals the end of the discussion.

Old man yells at cloud is a fine way to describe it.

Every fucking Monday. 

Saying someone should be hung for what they wear is a stupid statement that ruins any other opinion the guy has. Especially as smallman inferred on twitter that someone close to his family had died in this way

Similarly to that Bacon I popped onto r/SquaredCircle the other day and read some of the comments for the Cena AJ match. They're usually amusing and you still get the "Cena can't wrestle so AJ must've called the match" stuff.

If I need a reality check that I'm not mental then that place is good reassurance. However, someone said in regard to the match, "That's how you chain" and I almost leg dropped my laptop.

I'm quite pleased everyone called him out on his bullshit and he ended up deleting his account. Fuck him, and others with that attitude. This place definitely reaffirms with me sometimes that not all wrestling fans are deluded.

• Paid Members

PROGRESS put on great shows. It's well worth a trip. The atmosphere is fantastic and the wrestling on there is always at worst decent.

I'm quite pleased everyone called him out on his bullshit and he ended up deleting his account. Fuck him, and others with that attitude. This place definitely reaffirms with me sometimes that not all wrestling fans are deluded.

Tell me about it, I had to call out a fan on another forum on saying that Cena's buried AJ, because Cena wouldn't talk about or give AJ credit in the build up and made it about himself, even though it took him everything but the kichen sink to win the match