Random Thoughts III.

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Is Progress worth giving a go?

I'm not one to watch indie wrestling, now I work from home I fancy giving something new a watch...

You could try their qualifying matches for the Cruiserweight Classic and go from there..

Zack Sabre Jr vs Flash Morgan Webster:

Jack Gallagher vs Pete Dunne:

Vince teasing the Macho Man/Steamboat rematch with the Mania 4 brackets was a cuntish thing to not deliver on. Although it was not hyped at the time.

Mania 4 and 5 crowds killed the events anyway in hindsight. Enjoyed 4 at the time, unfortunatly with 5 i already knew the results due to Sky or BSB being so far behind that i had already bought the WWF Magazine in my newsagents with the results in. Biggest shock was Rik Martel turning bad!

Sky can't have been that far behind surely, the magazines were a good 2-3 months or so behind the US TV with results. Although I think going that far back, they pre-wrote the mags well in advance knowing plans wouldn't change? So they would write the April issue in January or whatever knowing the existing plans for March wouldn't be strayed from.

Edited by King Pitcos

if i remember correctly, Martel had been out for nearly a year with a concussion from WM4, so then when he came back he had a couple of singles matches then just resumed tagging with Tito, i cannot remember if the was a specific angle what got them back together, but it was more of Martel had been out for ages, then come back and hooked up with Tito. But must have been to turn him baddie yeh.

• Paid Members

Hogan always looked better in white to me. I also remember as a youth prefering stunning steve in his cycling shorts to trunks. Strange things what you look at as a young fan.

Heel Hogan in the black trunks and silver boots for me. 

I'm with you there. Wrestling for 30 minutes doesn't make you an "ironman" in my eyes. Not that I could do it, obviously, but it seems quite common for main event matches to at least approach that length. Battling for an HOUR is far more impressive and worthy of the name, even if Ric Flair made it look easy.

going back to the WWF magazine writing stuff months in advance etc I have a memory of the WWF Magazine from the time Hogan was attacked by Earthquake on the Brother Love Show, it may be a Mandela effect thing but I'm sure I remember that the attack shown on TV Hogan didn't have his Hulk Rules t-shirt on, but in the photos in the WWF magazine he did (possibly the other way round) it was over 20 years ago so I may be misremembering it but I seem to remember thinking it was odd at the time - surely it couldn't really be fake? I've still got a box of those magazines in the loft, next time I'm up there i'll have to dig them out and prove myself wrong.