Random Thoughts III.

PowerButchi

I hate the way Mauro Ranallo says Pele Kick "Paylay kick"

Actually I just hate Mauro, he's shite.

Mamma Mia! 

Yeah I cannot stand him either. This week on Smackdown he called the Elimination Chamber HITC twice in the first 20 minutes of the show. 

I could just imagine Vince going insane in his ear. 

• Paid Members

I thought he was alright when he was doing commentary alongside Josh Barnett for New Japan on AXS. I guess it's just a case of what he's got to work with in terms of his script and Vince shouting in his ear. It doesn't bode well that he can't be trusted to do the little "to camera" segments so they have to sit Tom "don't call me Wilson" Phillips sat there to do the general hosting duties. It looked a bit silly when they had seven all trying to squeeze behind the desk during that Styles Vs Ambrose match the other week.

• Paid Members

I must admit that while admittedly not watching every week (or anywhere near as often tbh) from what I've heard, Mauro shows a lot more interest that Michael Cole in what's going on in the ring. Everyone's tastes are different but he comes across as a more traditional announcer, which is what I prefer.

• Paid Members

This is a random thought, cos this track just randomly popped into my head. 

I got into TNA a few months after it launched. I'd read about it in Power Slam and saw people talking about it on forums and I decided, "Yes, I want to see it". So thanks to the marvellous tape trading scene back then, I started getting the weekly PPVs. (I remember seeing the name Bob Barnett on a lot of tapes, never really sure who he was!) 

I remember getting the tapes from Dave Pick and then when he went legit, a guy called Shows Wrestling. 

Anyway, I'm rambling. I was a fucking mark for TNA back in the day. These were my favourite stable though, mostly because of the theme tune, that, and I remembered Mitchell from ECW. 

Edited by eugenespeed

I'm a little sad I didn't even know the Elimination Chamber PPV was tonight until I saw a post on this forum about it today. I didn't watch much of the Royal Rumble and I'm not sure I'll watch WrestleMania. I've had periods where I stopped watching before but this time I'm at an age where I don't see anything drawing me back in again now, save for something like an Undertaker or Cena retirement.

Anyone got the WWE 50 book? I'm just about to get rid of mine and was having another flick through it. Head to the page about Vince's ledgers and you will see four cards pencilled in for WrestleMania X. Some of the writing is illegible but what is there makes for interesting reading (no indication at what times Vince penned each card):

Card 1:

Lex Luger-Yokozuna (WWF Title)

Bret Hart-Owen Hart (Guest Referee: Jerry Lawler)

Big Boss Man-Ludvig Borga

Razor Ramon-Shawn Michaels (Ladder Match, IC Title)
Steiner Brothers-Quebecers (WWF Tag Team Titles)

Randy Savage-Crush

Tatanka-IRS

Doink/Dink-Bam Bam Bigelow/Luna

Mr Perfect-Jeff Jarrett

Alundra Blayze-?

123 Kid/Smoking Gunns-Diesel/Headshrinkers

Card 2:

Lex Luger-Yokozuna (WWF Title)

Bret Hart-Owen Hart (if Bret wins, he gets a title shot later in the card)

Randy Savage-Crush (Crush would have faced Luger earlier in the show had Luger lost the coin toss for the first title shot)

Doink-IRS

Alundra Blayze-?

Earthquake-Bam Bam Bigelow

Tatanka/Smoking Gunns-Ludvig Borga/Quebecers

Men on a Mission/123 Kid/Marty Jannetty/Sparky Plugg-Headshrinkers/Jeff Jarrett/Rick Martel/Adam Bomb

Card 3:

Lex Luger-Bret Hart (the winner faces Yokozuna for the WWF title later on)

Bret Hart-Owen Hart

Lex Luger-Crush

Tatanka (w/ Randy Savage)-IRS

Alundra Blayze-?

Earthquake-Ludvig Borga

123 Kid-Jeff Jarrett

?-Quebecers (WWF Tag Team Title)

Card 4: 

Lex Luger-Yokozuna (WWF Title, Mr Perfect as the guest referee)

Bret Hart (w/ Donny Wahlberg)-Owen Hart (w/ Mark Wahlberg)

Randy Savage-Crush (stipulation)

Earthquake-Ludvig Borga

Men on a Mission's WrestleMania Rap

Alundra Blayze-?

Steiners-Quebecers (WWF Tag Team Title)

123 Kid-IRS

Tatanka-Jeff Jarrett

Marty Jannetty/Smoking Gunns-Adam Bomb/Headshrinkers

• Awards Moderator

Anyone got the WWE 50 book? I'm just about to get rid of mine and was having another flick through it. Head to the page about Vince's ledgers and you will see four cards pencilled in for WrestleMania X. Some of the writing is illegible but what is there makes for interesting reading (no indication at what times Vince penned each card):

<list of absolute garbage>

Shows how thin the WWF roster was in 1994 / 1995 that every combination of that sounds awful. And that was before I saw the Men on a Mission WrestleMania rap.