PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Cody Rhodes has a busy schedule this week:

New Japan - Monday

TNA tapings - Thursday

Northeast Wrestling vs Kurt Angle - Friday

ROH at the Hammerstein - Saturday

WCPW in Newcastle - Monday

He may even have dates in there other than that, those are just the ones I heard Meltzer mention on WOR. He's certainly in a lot of demand these days, putting in serious air miles and making a large chunk of change.

With that schedule I would say he's making a lot more than he was in WWE considering he wouldn't have been much of a merch shifter there.

It surprises me that he's doing so well though. I haven't seen any of his stuff outside of WWE, but he never set the world on fire for me. When he comes back in a couple of years time he's going to be treated like the latest Japanese Albert isn't he?

Edited by WeeAl

Cody is the most painfully average wrestler I think I've ever seen. He'll go out and give you a *** match with any caliber of wrestler, in any company in the world, no more and no less. This isn't a slight on him by the way, he's incredibly consistent but he's so overwhelmingly bland. His attempts of becoming an internet favourite (the whole list of indie darling opponents, joining the Bullet Club) have fallen considerably flat, because on every single card there's nothing he does that at least 2/3 guys aren't doing a whole lot better. He isn't the best wrestler in any of the companies, nor is he the best talker, nor the best of characters, or even the best look. If anything, this whole tour of the wrestling world he has going on has done little but establish him as being some way behind the current standard of top-level WWE guys. He seems like a perfectly good guy, and the fact he worked Wrestlemania, Final Battle, BOLA, BFG and Wrestle Kingdom in a year is incredibly cool, but I could live out the rest of my life without the slightest of desires to see him wrestle another match.

I presume he's being booked a lot because he is still a name. He's a successful, former WWE wrestler, who gets himself out there a hell of a lot. He does a lot of excellent promoting for the companies he works for on social media, which I presume goes some way in ensuring he continues to get booked in these places, and because he genuinely does seem eager to go out and wrestle. He's worked for a lot of different companies, some of which vary greatly in size and stature, meaning he either has some really admirable work rate, or he isn't that wildly expensive to book

He is the emperors new clothes of wrestling. Expect his new clothes are just his wrestling Wellies with the initials or logo of whatever company he is working to give the promoter a semi.

What always surprises me is when I see those old Coliseum Video advertisements in WWF magazine from the 80s. A videocassette of a WWF PPV in 1988/1989 cost $ 39,95 (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!).

Even in 2017 that is a LOT of money for a dvd, let alone thinking about how much it must have been back in the 80s. How can this be justified?

What always surprises me is when I see those old Coliseum Video advertisements in WWF magazine from the 80s. A videocassette of a WWF PPV in 1988/1989 cost $ 39,95 (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!).

Even in 2017 that is a LOT of money for a dvd, let alone thinking about how much it must have been back in the 80s. How can this be justified?

Because people paid it, supply and demand.