Random Thoughts III.

PowerButchi

Hahaha glad you approve Gus!

Another bizzare but brilliant Wrestlemania moment is at 28 during the Brodus Clay 'Call ma Mama' segment just before the main event video package. Brodus tells the audience to pull their phones out and call their mama's, and the camera turns to an Ed Sheeran lookalike in the crowd who visibly puts his phone to his ear and starts speaking which gets a massive pop when the other spectators (and Michael Cole) burst out laughing.

Don't think I've seen that since it initially happened and I'd completely forgot about it until rewatching the whole thing today, absolutely brilliant.

I have a mate who got fairly tanked up and did the exact same thing but I cant remember is it was while watching mania, at Raw live in london that year or just a random part where we played his music (yes we are that sad). His mum didn't answer and then phoned him back later to ask why the hell he was calling her so late

With WWE feeding off the indies so much these days I think they would benefit from increasing their talent turnover. Guys like Sheamus and Ziggler have been on TV forever, I think they should be released by WWE to go on indie tours for two years before returning fresh with a new act. While away they would draw big crowds for independent promotions which would help feed the developmental system.

Only issue is creative's lack of ability to build enough stars. They can't afford to let anyone go until they manage to build up the talent they intend to keep around

Do we have a wrestling version of the Facebook comments that blow your mind thread? There are some gems. Can we get one made if not please?

Guys, I know most of you turned your back on Dolph Ziggler. But in all honesty, try and think about it, would Dolph Ziggler be able to become relevant again if he became part of Impact Wrestling?

• Paid Members

On the topic from a few pages ago, regarding old VHS tapes, check out some of the prices for those videos! 68 quid for Day of the Dead.

2i9lbw9.jpg

I can't even give some of these away for 10p now and look at that. Disgraceful.

• Paid Members

Do we have a wrestling version of the Facebook comments that blow your mind thread? There are some gems. Can we get one made if not please?

Guys, I know most of you turned your back on Dolph Ziggler. But in all honesty, try and think about it, would Dolph Ziggler be able to become relevant again if he became part of Impact Wrestling?

You could just fill it with posts from Indians.

• Paid Members

I've never properly gave The Bushwhackers a look but I'm watching old 1989-1990 episodes of SNME and they show up on there and I could swear they're the most over act on the show, and that has Hogan and Warrior, the lot. Everyone in the crowd screaming and throwing their arms up and down. I was in awe at them as they came down to the ring, absolutely quality.

I've never properly gave The Bushwhackers a look but I'm watching old 1989-1990 episodes of SNME and they show up on there and I could swear they're the most over act on the show, and that has Hogan and Warrior, the lot. Everyone in the crowd screaming and throwing their arms up and down. I was in awe at them as they came down to the ring, absolutely quality.

Possibly my earliest memory of wrestling is Robert Corrigan telling me about the Bushwackers during break and showing me how to do the arm thing. I must've been about 4-5 years old which means it was 91/92. The 'wackers were mad over.

• Paid Members

Possibly my earliest memory of wrestling is Robert Corrigan telling me about the Bushwackers during break and showing me how to do the arm thing. I must've been about 4-5 years old which means it was 91/92. The 'wackers were mad over.

My little brother was a similar age and they were his favourites in that era. He was always doing the march and licking people's faces.

They were the worst full-time wrestlers I've ever seen in WWE but they were definitely over like no-one's business. Never for me though. Even when I would get excited for Jim Duggan I thought they were shit.

There was a WWF comic book that I always found unrealistic because it ended with the Bushwhackers becoming someone's favourite tag team.