Random Thoughts III.

PowerButchi

India or Australia haven't had PPV's either and they're both huge markets. Same with Japan too of imagine.

It's got to be the time aspect that puts them off.

The time zone thing is less important than it was in the PPV era, it's just a case of why bother moving one of their events over here? If they can do good business doing Backlash in a US arena, then the benefits of doing it over here are probably outweighed by the extra cost. They could try it as part of a UK tour, but it eats into the ticket sales for the Raw and SmackDown tapings, if not the house shows as well.

Just thinking, they havent done a RAW in another country outside the US and Canada for years now excluding the UK. Surprised they don't do them on other tours. Especially Australia and Japan. Is it just because the markets are good when they go they don't need to add on TV costs?

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, simonworden said:

Just thinking, they havent done a RAW in another country outside the US and Canada for years now excluding the UK. Surprised they don't do them on other tours. Especially Australia and Japan. Is it just because the markets are good when they go they don't need to add on TV costs?

I always thought the TV they did do in Japan (05 was it?)  was considered a failure and put them off doing it again. 

1 hour ago, Tommy! said:

I always thought the TV they did do in Japan (05 was it?)  was considered a failure and put them off doing it again. 

Yeah they did Japan in early 2005. But didn't they do TV in Europe in 2007. Wasn't the RAW they debuted Santino in Italy. I don't they could ever swing doing any sort of TV in Australia just because of the time difference.

2 hours ago, Tommy! said:

They did something in Australia, Global Warning. I know it got a DVD release, was it on TV or PPV in Australia? 

Looking at Wikipedia it says it was just a live event that was later released on DVD so no PPV in Australia. First WWE event in Australia since 1986 as well. I guess there was enough star power with Rock and Triple H on the show to warrant them doing 56,000 people for a stadium show.

• Paid Members

I watched Goldberg's return and promo from Raw last year earlier. I honestly don't know if I've ever seen anything better in wrestling. It's so genuine. The crowd absolutely love it. Goldberg amps it up until the last line is like a bomb dropping. I've never seen anyone look cooler slapping hands with fans or kissing babies. It's completely and utterly real. I can't smile wide enough when I watch it back and I get goosebumps even on repeat viewings.

On 30 March 2017 at 4:15 PM, King Pitcos said:
On 30 March 2017 at 11:13 AM, PSF said:

India or Australia haven't had PPV's either and they're both huge markets. Same with Japan too of imagine.

It's got to be the time aspect that puts them off.

The time zone thing is less important than it was in the PPV era, it's just a case of why bother moving one of their events over here? If they can do good business doing Backlash in a US arena, then the benefits of doing it over here are probably outweighed by the extra cost. They could try it as part of a UK tour, but it eats into the ticket sales for the Raw and SmackDown tapings, if not the house shows as well.

I think the WWE could do a PPV over here though and make it sell well, in a stadium of some kind (doesn't have to be Wembley). You would get lots of people from Europe travel over as well so isn't just a UK thing with ticket sales, I'm surprised they don't have a big PPV over here, not so much a Mania but they could easily have a Summerslam PPV and sell it out and have it every year as the PPV away from home. It would at least bring one of the lesser PPVs to life but would be good if a joint branded one.

Edited by Briefcase

• Paid Members

They don't need to do it. Arenas are packed for TV every week and PPV every month. They ran shows in our market at times where they couldn't draw the mega crowds at home. It probably won't happen again until that's the case.

They did that random one night only house show thing last year. I'm curious if plans for that were bigger originally, or if it was a test run to see how a one off show like that would draw? It seemed very odd at the time to come all this way for one house show, not only that, but booking the o2 for a house show was a little odd as well. 

Are u tripping, blud? That'd be a terrible idea. Cass would become Reigns 2.0, I'm loving Reigns at the moment but ones enough. Enzo would have nothing to do but job. Calm down with the break up talk, Vince McMahon 

Edited by sj5522