Random Thoughts III.

PowerButchi

Watching all the WWE PPV's, currently up to Canadian Stampede, in 1997. Not only does the WWE's booking of Vader annoy me, but the phrase "The man they call Vader" is absolutely awful.

I'd recommend listening to the Vader episode of'Something to wrestle' with Conrad/Prichard. You certainly learn aspects of his booking in his WWF career.

Thanks will check it out, granted Vader wasnt in the same sort of shape he was in when in WCW, but they could have done alot more with him.

He was made to come back early according to an interview he did with PS. Spun it that he wasn't ready to come back but "his agent" had agreed with Vince that he was good to go.

I read that as well, which explains the suspension angle (which was great). For me the main issues with booking were leading up to and after Summerslam. The WWE even called an event "It's time" and he wasnt even on the card (unsure if he was injured at the time). Ive always felt that Sid got Vader's run with the title for what ever reason.

He was made to come back early according to an interview he did with PS. Spun it that he wasn't ready to come back but "his agent" had agreed with Vince that he was good to go.

I read that as well, which explains the suspension angle (which was great). For me the main issues with booking were leading up to and after Summerslam. The WWE even called an event "It's time" and he wasnt even on the card (unsure if he was injured at the time). Ive always felt that Sid got Vader's run with the title for what ever reason.
Bruce Prichard goes into this in some depth in the Vader edition of his podcast. Essentially, Shawn and Vader were originally going to wrestle three times. The SummerSlam match was going to be a bit screwy (which happened), a match at Survivor Series would have seen Vader win the title then Shawn would triumph over the monster in his hometown at the Royal Rumble. A mixture of things, some his fault, some less so, ended up costing Vader the run and Sid got the spot.

• Paid Members

According to Observers, Vince spun it that JJ Dillon knew all their upcoming plans and was working for WCW so he had to change direction.

• Paid Members

I've been watching some of the past Wrestlemania's, and I'm torn on which was the better match out of Angle HBK or Taker HBK at 25. Both are just brilliant but if you were to pick one, which would it be?

I've been watching some of the past Wrestlemania's, and I'm torn on which was the better match out of Angle HBK or Taker HBK at 25. Both are just brilliant but if you were to pick one, which would it be?

Ive watched both recently as well and I would still have to go Taker/Michaels at 25.

Watching WrestleMania 17, and JR just said as Kane is coming down to the ring that "this young man could be the future"

Whats interesting to me is that arguably and in my opinion, looking at what we know now, id say Kanes best years had already gone at this point. Kane at his best was from his debut in 1998 up until 2001 id say.

The years afteer this event there was sparks where Kane was interesting for a few months at a time (first losing the mask in 2003, turn on Taker and reuniting with Bearer for a bit in 2010, Team Hell No in 2013) as examples but nothing as consistent as his run from debut culminating in probabaly his best moment when he returned in early 2000 to a monster pop.

Just interesting to me that he was young at this point and from JRs comment they obviously at the time imagined he'd be an even bigger player over the next few years but it never really materialised

I wish WWE had made an effort to sign Jason David Frank to developmental ten years ago. He'd have probably moved big numbers in bringing people back for nostalgia and would be over like fuck with the adult crowds. Can't imagine it would have cost too much to sign him

• Paid Members

Would have been up to him that. If he'd had started training, probably would have snapped him up. Even 10 years ago, they wanted you to have a bit of wrestling training behind you before putting you in FCW. I think everyone in Tough Enough had been to a school previously. He'd have actually been a good hook for Tough Enough actually. Ex-Power Ranger and that.

TNA would definitely have used him. They used Screech and Johnny Fairplay, the Green Ranger would have been right up their street.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay