Random Thoughts III.

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Listening to review podcasts recently and it's interesting how a fan who didn't grow up with a character like Elizabeth and watching it back retrospectively, dislikes the performer and any use of her, because of her obvious performance anxiety, when that's actually the selling character trait. God I love the Liz/Randy arc.

I'd guess the difference would be whether you were raised on Miss Elizabeth in the WWF or Elizabeth in the nWo. They were like night and day.

• Paid Members

WCPW have some jobs going. May be people on here who the Graphic Designer and Video Editor jobs would suit.

https://www.indeed.co.uk/m/jobs?q=WCPW

Sure there's a few on here who could see themselves in this one too.

Script Writer

WhatCulture.com - Gateshead NE8

WhatCulture.com are looking for an experienced, creative Script Writer who can assist in the production and realisation of exciting content for the business and in particular our wrestling promotion subsidiary WCPW across a range of media-platforms.

We are looking for a highly-motivated individual with strong narrative skills and an aptitude for creating engaging and entertaining content on a daily basis.

Responsibilities

- Assist with the production team in developing working scripts for live shows and pre-recorded content.

- Aid in the development of concepts and scenarios on a week-to-week basis.

- Heed direction from senior production team to revise existing scripts quickly and proficiently.

- Effectively communicate concepts and scripts to performers and production crew in advance of live events.

- Participate in pre-production and forward planning for long-term projects and content.

- Ensure scripts are of appropriate length and suitable content.

- Provide additional written content as and when required.

Your Skills

- Must have at least 2 years professional experience in script writing or television production.

- A Bachelor's degree in relevant field highly preferable.

- Ability to develop compelling scripts which appeal to the business' core demographic.

- Extensive knowledge and understanding of wrestling production required.

- Mature English skills a must.

- Ability to communicate ideas concisely and clearly.

- Able to work to tight deadlines and create ad hoc revisions in accordance with fluctuating circumstances of events and the business.

Requirements

- Eligible to work in the UK.

Required education:

Bachelor's

Required experience:

Writing: 2 years

Edited by Benno

Thinking out loud here but I'd have The New Day self combust as they host WrestleMania. There's clearly nothing else for them, their act has been worn out for quite a while now. Whoevers getting the push out of the group, likely Big E, should do the turn at Mania.

• Paid Members

Lita has a tremendous pair of tits. Not to sound like a 14 year old but has she done any topless stuff?

She did some cracking lingerie shoots for WWE.com back when things weren't so PG.

Edited by jazzygeofferz

Dawned on me today that my old EWR save that I played for about 4 years on and off would be coming to the end of my timeline on their in about 2-3 months. I think I took the fucker from later 2005 all the way through to mid 2017. Loved the game at the time and took the promotion from Small to Global in that time which seems ridiculous really. Thinking back to some of my booking decisions too I still cant fathom why the last PPV I played had a World Title main even of Chris Sabin Vs Johnny Jeter. How they were over enough to do that I don't know. 

Anybody here going to see Ibushi in XWA Colchester on the 11th? Apparently Pentagon Dark and Doug Williams are on the card too. I don't watch LU so I'm neutral on Pentagon but it'll be good to see Doug. Not seen any of his work in like a decade

I bought a ticket as soon as I heard Kota Fuckin Ibushi was wrestling in pissing Colchester. His first UK show too. Surreal!

I've only just realised my ticket is front row, Gee I hope I don't come off as Wanna Dem!

Edited by sj5522

Just make sure you bring a book to read for the matches where there is no workers envolved

can't mate, I'm bringing my stopwatch instead