Random Thoughts III.

PowerButchi

I was thinking this morning about that bit in Beyond The Mat where JR says he couldn't give a fuck about who wins or loses, as long as "there's an ass every 18 inches" and how for years I heard and assumed it to be "as long as there's an ass over 18 inches, i'm a happy man" and presumed it to mean that wrestlers have massive muscular arses, and the bigger the better in terms of who they're looking for talent wise. Took me years to figure out what he was actually saying.

• Paid Members

One for the worst looks threads. Raw 30/11/98, The Rock does a run-in during the Mankind/Boss Man ladder match wearing his trunks, that hideous black two-stripe 0% cotton trackie top thing and a pair of trainers. He looks like a swimwear model on a tea break.

I'm still bothered by that time The Rock was forced into defending his title against Mankind and protested that he didn't even have his wrestling gear on him. It's a solid enough way to set him up to wrestle in the two-stripe gear, but then his trackies come down a bit and he's got his trunks on underneath. Why not just wear some plain trunks or pants under them? He's got elbow pads, kneepads and his wrestling boots on as well.

• Paid Members

I thought that was going to be his full time gear forever since he'd wrestled in it from about December to March. That's quite a stretch. Enough time for me to think that was his new look. Ridiculous get up looking back. Didnt he develop man breasts and had to hide them or something?

Austin forgetting his waistcoat and having to walk to the ring in a t-shirt at WM15 always puzzled me as well. Only years later did I find out that it was one of those post-divorce breakdowns he was having and forgot to pack his new jacket.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Awards Moderator

I thought that was going to be his full time gear forever since he'd wrestled in it from about December to March. That's quite a stretch. Enough time for me to think that was his new look. Ridiculous get up looking back. Didnt he develop man breasts and had to hide them or something?

He was recovering from pectoral surgery, to reduce his flabby Samoan man-breasts. He still has the scar.

Is there a more consistent performer on PPV over the last 12 months than Roman Reigns?

I was flicking through the Network and whilst skimming through the cards it's genuinely surprising how many cracking PPV matches he's been a part of. Many a time I've given him my nod for match of the night.

Back to back excellent matches with AJ post Wrestlemania, good showing with Rollins at MITB, another solid match between them at Battleground with Ambrose being included, two decent matches with Rusev, including Hell in a Cell. Follows that up with a MVP performance at Survivor Series, an average match at Roadblock being bettered muchly by a great match at the Rumble against Owens, and more recently a fun brawl with Strowman.

He's not been churning out ***** matches every single time, but I can't think of anyone more consistent on PPV that isn't AJ Styles. Roman is proper quality.

• Paid Members

I would like to congratulate Otto Dem Wanz for having the greatest moment of WrestleMania history as his new sig.

cu8qMDR.png

CAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRREEEEEFUUUUUULLLLLLL LADIES

Edited by Gus Mears