Random Thoughts III.

PowerButchi

Was thinking about Shane's comeback earlier and how all that went down.

Surely rather than the weird backwards shit they did on the post-Mania Raw, it would've been far easier and better to have Shane climb the cell at Mania, but Vince starts showing compassion comes out with a mic and is like "you don't have to do this, I'll give you Raw, just don't do this please, you're my son and I love you" verbally agreeing to give Shane Raw who then jumps anyway cos he's a nutta, Taker dodges it, rolls him straight into the ring for a tombstone on the steel steps, all while looking at Vince and doing the tongue thingy. Shane can now claim to own Raw and we have a new era, but it's still Stephy in charge for the time being cos Shane is SELLING HIS INJURIES then at some point he comes back and ushers in a "new era" to huge pops. 

Sigh...

Edited by sj5522

This isn't a knock on him as I've enjoyed loads of his matches but I can't think of a great match involving Triple H that hasn't been a gimmick match or had loads of shortcuts

What about his matches in recent years with Ambrose and Bryan? I'd classify both as being in the bracket of "great" wrestling matches, and both came within the last two years, where you'd be expecting him to wind down.

Thinking about it, I loved HHH's title reign. A good showing in the Rumble, including a great false elimination spot with Ziggler. His ensuing promos after he won the belt were excellent, he made the title seem like the most important thing in the company for a nice change. Then he goes to have really good matches with Ambrose and Ziggler before knuckling down into a nice angle with Reigns. Sure, the Wrestlemania match wasn't a classic, but he goes and puts Roman over clean as a whistle on the biggest stage imaginable. Good lad, Tri.

Edited by AdamTH17

Trips wasn't bad in his last run, though he did seemingly fuck-off even attempting to be the heel not long into the Reigns feud

There was no point really. Nobody was going to be cheering Roman on the road to Wrestlemania, so rather try to give him shit comedic lines whilst smirking and winking into the camera, it just turned into a feud involving two fuckers who kept wanting to beat the piss out of one another. There's an amazing segment where HHH batters Roman, then does the Superman taunt to a massive pop. Everything these two did together post-TLC 2015 was good, but this was the highlight.

Edited by AdamTH17

There was a recent promo with Sami Zayn and Mick Foley. I hadn't seen this until very recently, and in reading: "...And Foley's teeth fell out", I presumed that was some sort of analogy to him fluffing his lines.  I saw the promo over the weekend, and was surprised to see his actual teeth did indeed fall out of his mouth. 

I didn't even know he had dentures.

Triple H v John Cena at WrestleMania is one of my favourite matches ever if you're looking for a match that wasn't gimmicky or didn't include shortcuts. It told a brilliant story and he put Cena over clean as we've come to expect of Triple H despite what people claim.

• Paid Members

Triple H has worked hard showing some arse ever since CM Punk decided he'd rather sit at home than get his 'Mania pay day by wrestling him again. Even with Sting, Triple H was bested pretty much every time they were on telly together.

Plus, his campy 'Mania entrances are worth the time.

I despise Seth Rollins, however, so he's got his work cut out to turn him into anything other than a bore.

Edited by ColinBollocks

• Paid Members

More than anyone else in the company, I'd bank on Triple H to have great matches without shortcuts. He's had shitloads, against all manner of talent. Even with your guys that aren't seen as the best bell-to-bell wrestlers, like Ambrose this year, Jeff Hardy multiple times in 2008 (No Mercy was my match of the year), and a straight up, honest to goodness, wrestling match with Khali, just to name a few less obvious ones.

• Paid Members

Triple H had an incredible year in 2008, looking back. Wasn't that around time he was dragging Smackdown to it's best telly in forever? I gave up watching wrestling in 2003, when Triple H was a bloated mess of a man, so imagine my surprise when I got back into it in 2008 and he's walking about having some of the best matches of his career, looking every bit the man he was in 2000.

He's played a blinder staying off the telly for most of this year too.

Why does'nt wwe want a legit dominant heel world champion? Apart from Lesnar anytime they have a heel as champion they end up as chicken shit heels that need help or cant win matches despite being the company champion.

I know that's part of a heels job to look a bit weak for the face but it would be great to get a Triple H 99-01 level bad ass heel that can lead to big battle against the top face (cue dem wans talk)

Its hard to picture now but if they made Rollins for example follow the HHH mold with him mentoring and creating a monster so to speak then Rollins vs HHH could be a big deal.

Instead we gets lucky heels like Owens, Rollins, Y2J, Edge, Even Punk who was a solid winning face started stuggling to win rather than continue his dominant ways

WWE have just put a new music release called 'Uncaged' features of old entrance themes, including Jericho's first theme and also feature the awesome acoustic versions of Batista's and Orton's respective themes that were featured in promo videos around Wrestlemania 30

Up on itunes & Spotify

Great stuff. Cheers for the heads up.

Dan Severn's theme was lush, so good to have that on there. Weird to hear the first SmackDown theme with such clarity, but it sounds a little different.