Random Thoughts III.

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Cody was, and could still of been, an amazing long term wwe midcard name. Charismatic and smart enough to get his gimmicks over with a look that kept him looking good against people above and below him. A solid worker who could eke a good match out of anyone without ever being a threat of stealing the top level guys spot.

I have no interest in him on the indys unless he's doing the dashing thing and spending 10 minutes of a 12 minute match avoiding a punch in the face or doing some bizarre stardust bit. The idea of him just having some Indy wankfest sounds really dull.

Edited by Tommy!

Cody was, and could still of been, an amazing long term wwe midcard name. Charismatic and smart enough to get his gimmicks over with a look that kept him looking good against people above and below him. A solid worker who could eke a good match out of anyone without ever being a threat of stealing the top level guys spot.

You know why I respect Cody Rhodes (and why most others probably do)? He was unhappy, so he quit. I respect that. He could have been this, could have been that. But he was unhappy, he wanted to leave and left. That seldom happens and requires some balls.

I have only ever enjoyed him when he was teaming with his family. That was a good little run. He does have talent, and has a bit of steam from leaving WWE on his own terms. I think he'll do alright and be back (probs in the same midcard jobber role) eventually. But fair fucks to the man.

• Paid Members

The discussion wasn't about respecting his decision to leave was it? It was about they hype for his Indy dates and how it seemed misplaced based on his wwe showings.

If he was unhappy fair fucks to the bloke,but I'm not buying a ticket to see him on that basis.

• Paid Members

She's just done two Lionsgate movies that aren't WWE.

Aren't Lionsgate WWE Films partner?
Correct.
The vast majority of Lionsgate films aren't WWE films. These films that Eva Marie is in might be WWE films, like the Edge/Lana one that was recently released. I can't see any evidence of it though. Do you have a source for them being WWE films?

Nope. Never said I did. All I said was it was correct that Lionsgate are WWE Films partner.

Personally I actually quite like Eva Marie in WWE. It's good to have a proper heel who gets genuine heel heat rather than most the so called heels who actually get "workrate" cheers.

Edited by LaGoosh

• Paid Members

The cruiserweight division being a bit shit was inevitable, wasn't it? Half the heavyweights are cruiserweights, doing cruiserweight moves. The purple rope boys do the same thing, only they're small and fifteen of them have landed at once so it's been hard to establish a foothold. What exactly is the cruiserweight division meant to add to modern WWE that Styles, Rollins etc aren't providing? Why was it introduced, it can't purely have been a cynical grab at milking the "push the cruisers" stupidity on forums? They must have realised that it'd fall flat even for those people once it happened because the main event scene has moved on from Giant vs Luger.

It probably was inevitable although utterly avoidable. They showed with the Cruiserweight Classic that they can book cruisers in a meaningful way, sell them as different and place importance on the characters and their ambitions.

They didn't do a bad job on 205 live either. But on Raw, they can't help but admit that it's an afterthought. You're right about there being too many guys. They needed introducing slowly and properly.

Don't agree on the style though. Seen plenty of stuff from them this past six months that no one else can do.

• Paid Members

How long does it take to set everything up before a cruiserweight match on Raw? (I'm talking mostly about the purple ropes). Could that play a part in deflating the crowd before the match even starts?

Edited by Murtz

How long does it take to set everything up before a cruiserweight match on Raw? (I'm talking mostly about the purple ropes). Could that play a part in deflating the crowd before the match even starts?

At the live RAW in Glasgow, Sin Cara made his entrance and had to stand outside the ring for a few minutes because they hadn't completed it.

It's a pointless task, complete waste of time.

Watching through the 2016 PPV events, and my word how poor is Jericho's babyface shtick?  Especially the little programme he had going on with the New Day. It's utterly grating, which makes it even better looking at the fantastic stuff him and Owens have been churning out over the last couple of months.

It's a bit weird how Jericho can brilliantly reinvent himself as a heel multiple times over, but when it comes to babyfacing, he's still stuck in 1999. the last non-heel thing of his I actually really enjoyed was probably his stuff with Christian and Trish in 04

Edited by sj5522