Random Thoughts III.

PowerButchi

• Members

I loved that Warlord gear. I just loved Warlord in general. He was the best Hasbro too. This one

vintage-the-warlord-wwf-hasbro-action-fi

Here's a story of me being an 8 year old idiot. I chipped some of the paint off his face mask in his many drubbings of Virgil I was always violently acting out, and I decided I wanted to repair him to his original condition. So this being 1993, for some reason it was ok for me and my younger brother to walk to the petrol station down the road and buy a tin of silver car spray paint.

So obviously we didn't want to make a mess, so we did our delicate re-spray in the mint-green bathtub at home. And obviously I wasn't as skilled with a tin of spray paint as I assumed I would be, so Warlord basically ended up completely silver from the trunks up. And left a Warlord outline in the massive silver splodge that forever stained that bath until we moved out about 3 years later.

I think this was around the time I used my Dad's toothbrush to clean mud of my Action Man motorbike. I'm surprised I was ever left unsupervised in my house quite frankly. I've still got silver Warlord lying about somewhere.

Why do referees not get beaten up these days? Security always get it but refs remain untouched. Is it something to do with PG and showing respect to authority?

Makes sense. Protect the referee's authority and any cheating a heel can get away with means so much more.

• Paid Members

Seriously, if I was in developmental or something, I'd be looking to incorporate dancing of some kind into the act. I imagine dancing sits between big muscles and shit jokes on the "what Vince loves most" list. Dancing, farting and flexing.

Dancing gimmicks invariably get a big push in WWE. But, it usually ends up being relatively short-lived and you plummet down the card as quick as you rose up it. It's a good plan A, but gotta have that plan B too.

• Paid Members

Seriously, if I was in developmental or something, I'd be looking to incorporate dancing of some kind into the act. I imagine dancing sits between big muscles and shit jokes on the "what Vince loves most" list. Dancing, farting and flexing.

but gotta have that plan B too.

Farting?

Having a hard time coping with life after seeing this graphic. Barbarian and the fucking Lord as a tag team in their new gimmicks! Never knew this was a thing.

CypAL-vXAAEECTn.jpg

I wonder who was managing Barbs and 'lord at this point.   I'm guessing it was late 91, early 92, so Heenan wouldn't be involved.   Maybe Slick?   Or had he already had his born again power slam?

• Paid Members

but gotta have that plan B too.

Farting?

3-18-2013+8-07-19+PM.jpg

• Paid Members

So obviously we didn't want to make a mess, so we did our delicate re-spray in the mint-green bathtub at home. And obviously I wasn't as skilled with a tin of spray paint as I assumed I would be, so Warlord basically ended up completely silver from the trunks up. And left a Warlord outline in the massive silver splodge that forever stained that bath until we moved out about 3 years later.

What the fuck would you have done if you had to re-spray this bad boy?

warlord3.jpg

Can you imagine a world where we all owned a giant Warlord Hasbro?