Random Thoughts III.

PowerButchi

I didn't want to clog up the Awards nomination topic with discussion, so I'll post it here instead:

Tag Team of the Year:
The Revival
(Is there any point nominating anyone else?)

Funnily enough I've read a lot of people on Twitter say the same about voting for anyone other than The Young Bucks.

I haven't seen any of their 2016 stuff, are they the real deal or just a lot of overblown hype?

• Paid Members

It's a matter of taste with them. If you're willing to go along for the ride with all their excess and self aware superkick stuff, they can have incredible matches. They'll be my tag team of the year but they certainly won't be to everyone's tastes.

• Paid Members

I'm actually pleased my balding has stayed a bit Finn Balor for a few years (with the right hair cut you wouldn't know). My hair starting receding when I was 19, so was sure I'd look like old Sting by now. Although I started using Rogaine this year as it hopefully helps me see out my 30s with something respectable.

Well done me.

I can deal with grey hair but the creation of a hair island. Its like watching a small iceberg pull away from a larger iceberg and knowing global warming caused that but in my case my global warming is age. Bless you for your kind thoughts Keith brought a tear to my eye.

• Paid Members

What's the deal with Austin Aries now then? Only asking as it seems he's been called up from NXT (due to Roderick Strong having a singles match tonight and no mention of his team with Aries), but it's a massive waste if he's been called up solely for 205 Live. He's much better than the Cruiser division, he could be in a Miz-esque 'midcard flirting with main event' position no problem. 

• Paid Members

I think they're using the commentary gig to introduce him to the "main" audience whilst he recovers from getting his eye socket obliterated by Nakamura.

But yeah, seems like he's Crusierweight division bound.

• Paid Members

A personality like Aries could be a big help to the cruiserweights division. An "indie darling" will surely help get eyes on them? And I know we don't like the term "indie darling" but surely Aries is a guy for whom that term was invented. He's pretty high profile and can wrestle a variety of styles. I say have the cruiserweights complain about them being segregated and stick some of them in matches with "non" cruiserweights as well to take away from the novelty.

It's interesting Aries will be with the cruiserweights, I know he's competed in the X Division but he's never wanted to be labelled as a cruiserweight wrestler

How long does it take to set everything up before a cruiserweight match on Raw? (I'm talking mostly about the purple ropes). Could that play a part in deflating the crowd before the match even starts?

At the live RAW in Glasgow, Sin Cara made his entrance and had to stand outside the ring for a few minutes because they hadn't completed it.

It's a pointless task, complete waste of time.

Doesn't make a difference to the crowd though, only took a few minutes which was during the time they pencilled in an commercial break. 

The crowd are deflated because they haven't got a clue who these guys are, they are just wrestlers with no real character to buy into. 

• Paid Members

I can deal with grey hair but the creation of a hair island. Its like watching a small iceberg pull away from a larger iceberg and knowing global warming caused that but in my case my global warming is age. Bless you for your kind thoughts Keith brought a tear to my eye.

Is it a full blown Shearer's Island, or are we still at the Zidane Peninsula stage?