Random Thoughts III.

PowerButchi

2 hours ago, Weezenal said:

If WWE disappeared over night. What would be the pinnacle of a wrestler's career?

New japan 4th January show at Tokyo dome 

55 minutes ago, AshC said:

Most underrated commentary team in WWE history? I thought Gorilla Monsoon and Johnny Polo had a fantastic chemistry.

Tazz and Cole in the early days of smackdown for me, very good indeed 

So, Enzo Amore was ontwitter last night after Big Cass had a match for Northeast Wrestling. Open Challenge with was answered by Jon Moxley. He’s saying some stuff putting Cass over (as you would expect), but he claiming Cass is “300lbs and in the best shape he’s ever been”, which means something dramatically happened in the last 2 months because he looked like shit during that angle at G1 Supercard, and that Cass and Moxley went 30 minutes! I’m calling bullshit, but will say that Moxley does look to be inthe best shape he’s ever been

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

Watching Lex Luger Vs VK Wallstreet on an episode of Nitro from 1996. The random thought of wondering if somebody could get the Torture Rack over as a finisher again in this day and age. I could see it suiting the likes of Lars Sullivan these days, rather than doing diving headbutts and not being able to pin the Lucha House Party in his PPV debut. 

Edited by WeeAl

Cass looked in much better shape than before. Said in an interview he was in a depressive slump after WWE and has a clearer head.

In other news - in just over a week we've had Goldberg headbutting and concussing himself, leading to him nearly breaking his neck and dropping The Undertaker on his head. Kota Ibushi taking a German on the ring apron and landing straight on his neck like a fucking idiot. Now, as if to top them all, Aerostar taking a blind dive off a 20 plus ft lighting rig landing straight on his fucking neck. It's 2019. There's just no learning with this lot is there.

I'm expecting Kenny Omega to up the ante once he has national eyes on him, and take one head drop too many.

Edited by Mr Butternut Squash

• Moderators
11 hours ago, AshC said:

Most underrated commentary team in WWE history? I thought Gorilla Monsoon and Johnny Polo had a fantastic chemistry.

The one off the NXT Kids pilot. 

• Paid Members
16 hours ago, Mr Butternut Squash said:

In other news - in just over a week we've had Goldberg headbutting and concussing himself, leading to him nearly breaking his neck and dropping The Undertaker on his head. Kota Ibushi taking a German on the ring apron and landing straight on his neck like a fucking hero. Now, as if to top them all, Aerostar taking a blind dive off a 20 plus ft lighting rig landing straight on his fucking neck. It's 2019. There's just no learning with this lot is there.

Fixed that for you. There will be no Ibushi slander on this board.

• Paid Members
21 hours ago, AshC said:

Thinking about it, you're right.

The whole of 1994 is just so tainted in my mind as all my mates at school had seemingly dropped wrestling like a bad habbit towards the end of 93, while I was still watching but having to admit that it just wasn't as good as it used to be. I was just so desperate for all my old favourites to come back, even a Typhoon and Nikolai Volkoff appearance got me half excited.

Stan Lane was still fucking appalling though.

Edited by garynysmon

• Paid Members
54 minutes ago, Accident Prone said:

Fixed that for you. There will be no Ibushi slander on this board.

I love Ibushi and I think he's incredible, but that spot was about as idiotic a thing as I've seen in wrestling. Could have easily broken his neck, and for a mid-match spot that wasn't even the finish. Although the resultant head injury/damage was weaved into the match it easily could have been done just as effectively without risking his life and/or career. Lets not glorify something so needlessly dangerous.