Jump to content

Random Thoughts III.


PowerButchi

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted
1 hour ago, Accident Prone said:

You mean Nigel McGuiness who is signed by WWE? Nigel McGuiness who helped ROH sell venues and DVDs with those performances?

Also, have you seen either match in question? You clearly haven't if you're going for the silly old "50 people" argument. Even then, if there is 'only' 50 people in attendance, do they deserve any less of a show just because their numbers are small? They've paid for a ticket, they deserve your absolute best regardless of how many fans there are. 

Nigel McGuiness, signed by the WWE as a commentator because he’s body is broken and he got Hep C. The same man who is bitter because he never got to live his dream wrestling in the E (you should watch his documentary they did on the network). The guy busted his arse for years in ROH and the Indy scene for shit pay, hoping to one day get WWE money and I doubt you earn anywhere near as much as a commentator for NXT as you do for appearing in a marquee match at wrestlemania. 

Do you honestly think the only way to show people your best is by breaking your neck doing stupid spots? Ospreay was doing the same shit in front of 100 people in Braintree that he now does at the Tokyo dome. Impressive, of course it was, but I warned him about risking his career in front of small audiences. And a couple of years ago when he was on Scroobious Pip’s podcast he was talking about how serious his injuries were and he was worried he may not have many years left. He seems to be better now, and maybe he’s better at rehabilitation, but no one owes the fan that much because they bought a ticket. If they only way you can impress is because you have to do dangerous spots every single time, then your not very good. 

  • Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Posted
1 hour ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

If they only way you can impress is because you have to do dangerous spots every single time, then your not very good. 

That's true of a lot of death match idiots and the like. It's clearly nonsense in this discussion. It'd be like using it about Jeff Hardy. Ibushi is clearly brilliant. This is nothing to do with ability. It's about expectations and rite of passage. None of these guys land on their head and slap  the fuck out of each other because they can't work. It's what they do.

  • Paid Members
Posted

I’ve not read or heard much since Dominion, was that spot definitely a screw up?

If so, what on Earth were they attempting to do? Land more squarely on the apron? Or go to the floor? Was Ibushi supposed to flip and land on his feet on the floor?! Because watching it, Ibushi doesn’t look to be rotating whatsoever, suggesting that wasn’t the plan. If he was going to the floor, he was doing so head-first and it probably would’ve been even worse. And if he was supposed to land square on the apron, why is he throwing himself to the right of Naito rather than left? I genuinely can’t see what else they were trying to achieve bar a full-on decapitation.

I haven’t watched it back, but I seem to recall they did at least one or two other spots where they landed squarely on their head afterwards. Maybe a reverse hurricarana from the top? It definitely felt like the spot went exactly as planned since it played into the rest of the match, telling the story of Kota-Ibushi-wants-brain-damage.

  • Paid Members
Posted
1 minute ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

It wasnt just me who thought Chris Warrens was yelling "X-PAAAAAAAAC!" at the start of the X-Pac theme was it?

It’s not?

  • Paid Members
Posted

I'm sure I saw Tozawa do a german on the apron more than once, going back to that. Always looked safe but brutal, which is what he wanted I assume. 

On another topic why did Mr Ass have cartoon lips on his trunks and kneepads? He's Mr Ass, shouldn't he have had cartoon buttocks on his jocks? Or are they asses with the checks spread to display the sphincter and I've just never been able to see it, like an awful magic eye puzzle? 

  • Paid Members
Posted
2 minutes ago, digitalversicolor said:

Taking that into account, when did Bad Ass Billy Gunn become Mr. Ass? And why?

There was a point where they were Mr Dogg and Mr Ass. I always assumed it was a Reservoir Dogs reference. 

Posted

There was an episode of Raw from either January or February 98 when Roadie referred to the team as "Lieutenant Dogg and Captain Ass" that slayed me as a kid. Once they figured it was a funny gag as a surname, it was all downhill from there.

Posted
12 hours ago, TildeGuy~! said:

Arisa Hoshiki Vs Tam Nakano in Stardom this week was a bloody battle, kicked shit out of each other for a good 20 minutes.

 

I know I'm probably in the minority but I can't stand Hoshiki. Something about her just irritates me.

Decent match but about as predictable as it gets.

These days I much prefer Hazuki's under ten minute sprints, she's done a superb job of resurrecting the high-speed title.

The main event scene just doesn't interest me lately, outside of the odd faction match. Doesn't help that they suddenly stuck the red belt on Bea Bloody Priestley with zero build.

Posted
12 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

I know I'm probably in the minority but I can't stand Hoshiki. Something about her just irritates me.

Her selling's shit and she smiles too much, I’m going to Wrestle Queendom and they’ve got her on the card as well as Utami and a Kagetsu Vs Mayu Iwatani matchup so at least there’s that to look forward to, 

Hazuki and Tam are my favourites on their roster at the minute, she had a cracking five minute match with Death, Death, Death Yama Death recently too but I’m getting bored of her constantly defending the high speed title against AZM.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...