PowerButchi

Random Thoughts III.

1 hour ago, The King Of Swing said:

Fuck workrate WWE should throw money at Sumire Natsu. Constantly a highlight in Stardom.

Did you see her match with Saki Kashima the other week? 

From singing Saki’s entrance to pouring a bottle of water over her face then blaming it on Saki whilst Daichi wasn’t looking.

My current MOTY

4-29-2019+9-15-56+PM.png

Her guest commentary on the latest Oedo Tai produced show was also amazing

Edited by TildeGuy~!

3 hours ago, Supremo said:

Becky Lynch and Seth Rollins have gone public on social media about their relationship. It's kind of sweet,

The timing of the announcement/making it official suggests they waited until he'd met her mum to do so. Yeah, that is kinda sweet.

3 hours ago, Supremo said:

Becky Lynch and Seth Rollins have gone public on social media about their relationship. It's kind of sweet,

Double post, sorry. I'd try to join in on the joshi convo to cover it up but no clue.

Edited by Statto
Double post.

14 hours ago, Supremo said:

Becky Lynch and Seth Rollins have gone public on social media about their relationship. It's kind of sweet, but I'm convinced they'll live to regret it since they'll inevitably incorporate it into storylines now. But frankly, what else has either character currently got going for them? A romance between the two of them on TV might help them from cooling off any more than they already have since Wrestlemania.

If they make it an on-screen thing, it feels like it would kill Lynch's character by making her less of a "me against the world" type, but conversely add something to Seth Rollins' character just by virtue of giving him any fucking thing to define him by. 

9 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

If they make it an on-screen thing, it feels like it would kill Lynch's character by making her less of a "me against the world" type, but conversely add something to Seth Rollins' character just by virtue of giving him any fucking thing to define him by. 

Rusev took a shot of sorts on twitter due to the heat him and Lana got when going public, which I understand to an extent.

In fairness, the reason they got so much heat was because they went public about their engagement while on-screen they were going through a break-up angle, so it's not quite the same.

6 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

In fairness, the reason they got so much heat was because they went public about their engagement while on-screen they were going through a break-up angle, so it's not quite the same.

yes, that is a fair point. I guess really the E if need to be clearer about bluring the lines with things like this. I mean, if they were told not to and did anyway the fault is on them, but if they genuinely didn't know, thats on the WWE.

I hate that Rollins brought up the relationship on-air with his cute, throwaway "I set the internet ablaze today" line on Raw, all while happily ignoring that Becky had just been smashed through a table. Nip it in the bud right now if you can't write it probably. Acknowledging Dean Ambrose and Renee Young already turned out to be enough of a clusterfuck 

Also, I already wanna punch the inevitable smarky idiots that chant 'burn it down!' during Becky vs Lacey Evans.

Edited by Mr Butternut Squash

I saw Finn Balor in Cardiff having a photo with a fan this afternoon. Finn went for a fist bump while the fan went for a too sweet. I almost died of cringe.

Just discovered this curiosity;

http://wrestlecrap.com/inductions/bingo-break/

In 1994, Fox did a bingo-themed TV show, on which one of the hosts was "Bob Marella" - a.k.a Gorilla Monsoon, and another was Sean Mooney.

On their April Fools episode, Bobby Heenan was a guest star, making this the last time that Heenan and Monsoon appeared on-screen together - airing a couple of months after Heenan had signed with WCW.

Edited by BomberPat

I'd never heard this before. The Rockers using a version of their theme which apparently they sing.

Watching some old Chikara on my commute. I know he's phenomenonal in the ring, but fucking hell Mike Quakenbush has got one of the worst looks in wrestling. His gear is atrocious. 

1 hour ago, mim731 said:

Watching some old Chikara on my commute. I know he's phenomenonal in the ring, but fucking hell Mike Quakenbush has got one of the worst looks in wrestling. His gear is atrocious. 

Yep. It's got better in recent years, with the tighter fitting, less pleather stuff that Closet Champion made for him, but the "classic" look is so early '00s indie it's embarrassing. He's one of my absolute favourites, and someone I have a lot of time for, but I've never got his insistence on sticking to that look.