Random Thoughts III.

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
25 minutes ago, dopper said:

I know what you mean about Vince's eyes. I've noticed it once before on Peter Boyle who played Ray's dad in 'Everybody Loves Raymond'.

He went from having very expressive eyes to a glazed blank look at some point very quickly. Comes with age I suppose.

boyle1.jpg

boyle2.jpg

I remember him mainly from playing the Monster in Young Frankenstein.

• Awards Moderator
5 hours ago, Carbomb said:

I remember him mainly from playing the Monster in Young Frankenstein.

"PUU'IIII' OOOOOO' THE RIIIIII'"

Could be a mix of glaucoma, fading lenses and the like. No chance Vince is going to tap out to that. "I'll just do ten more reps with my eyelids, that'll muscle 'em out."

• Paid Members

Vince's eyes always look red raw, like he's been crying. 

One thing that surprised me watching '98 stuff, early in Vince's heel run, is that he puts his reading glasses on to read a prepared statement. You can't imagine the psycho "Can't Let The Beard Win" Vince of 2019 conceding a sign of weakness like that, so I do wonder if he's fucked his vision by stubbornly never wearing his glasses/lenses any more.

2 hours ago, BomberPat said:

One thing that surprised me watching '98 stuff, early in Vince's heel run, is that he puts his reading glasses on to read a prepared statement. You can't imagine the psycho "Can't Let The Beard Win" Vince of 2019 conceding a sign of weakness like that, so I do wonder if he's fucked his vision by stubbornly never wearing his glasses/lenses any more.

Psycho Vince didn’t start in 2019. Surely the beard story happened years ago? His TV character was always willing to show weakness more than the real life character he plays.

• Paid Members
Just now, King Pitcos said:

Psycho Vince didn’t start in 2019. Surely the beard story happened years ago? His TV character was always willing to show weakness more than the real life character he plays.

It's a specific kind of weakness, though. He'll be humiliated, covered in sewage, his face shoved in Rikishi's arse, and forced to waddle around with his kecks around his ankles, but he'll still power walk to the locker room on two blown out quads rather than accept help. He never shows any physical weakness. 

The beard thing reminds me of one of the great stories that never was; after the limo explosion, there was talk that when Vince was found to have faked his own death, he'd have gone all Howard Hughes, with long fingernails and a massive beard.

1 hour ago, BomberPat said:

The beard thing reminds me of one of the great stories that never was; after the limo explosion, there was talk that when Vince was found to have faked his own death, he'd have gone all Howard Hughes, with long fingernails and a massive beard.

wNUDHWm.png

6 hours ago, BomberPat said:

I’d love to have seen that. Mainly just because I have a weird fascination/curiosity to see how those who never grow out facial hair would look with it. I’ve always imagined John Cena could grow an immense, thick, proper lumberjack type beard that would just make him look like the most manliest of men. Never see him with so much as a bit of stubble though. Which makes me think he actually is a giant action figure come to life or he has a similar beard stance to mental Vince.

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, BomberPat said:

My interpretation of that is that Vince reckons its twatty and pompous to put glasses on to read, so he did so as a heel move. He does it very deliberately and hammily as I remember. 

The residents of Dallas in 2000 were jammy bastards, just watching the amazing February 7th Raw (thanks to @Liam O'Rourke podcast) and it’s held at the Reunion Arena, the same venue as  Fully Loaded 2000 in July of that year. 

That’s two of the best WWF shows ever in the space of 6 months! I wonder how many went to both. 

Ah Fully Loaded 2000, one of the first PPV's I watched through and funnily enough I just mentioned in the questions thread. Very good card for a B level PPV that left you going away happy at the end Al Snow vs Taz and the tag title match are the weakest matches and are still OK. The second half of the show is fantastic. I have seen some people complain that Taker dominates Angle but with Angle's character at the time, the storyline through the show and beforehand it does make sense, plus Angle did get his win back a few months later in a less enjoyable title match at Survivor Series. Makes me feel nostalgic writing that as 14 year old me genuinely thought the title could/ would change hands at any point as he hadn't been bombarded with articles and news explaining the wrestling business. 

• Awards Moderator

A non-fan friend of mine took his nephews to a house show last night. This is his review:

Have you subscribed to the wwe network?  Some hot goth girls came out and got booed for some reason.   Men punched each other.  A man called Walter came out to punch people and everyone went to the bar.  Have you thought about signing up to the wwe network?  Famous people punch each other.  Buy our merch but quick because the punching will start again whilst you’re still only half way through the queue for a 6.50 pint of beer.   Famous ladies punch each other.   Some more punching.   Lots of famous people punch each other and the crowd lose their shit.   Would you like to try out the wwe network?   Good night.   Don’t forget about the wwe network.

I actually really enjoyed it.

Edited by HarmonicGenerator