Random Thoughts III.

PowerButchi

What I like best about that story is that I’ve seen more about that than CM Punk’s supposed return doing in a run-in under a mask and hitting the GTS at MKE Wrestling. Silas Young (who was running the show( has said it was him and the event also featured Punk’s mate Ace Steel.

Ofcourse there is always the chance that the whole thing is complete horseshit and they’re just trying to get any form of publicity using Punk’s name, but if that is a “return” and it’s not  caused so much as a ripple of mass interest amuses me greatly

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members
35 minutes ago, Statto said:

What think you?

Seems a bit of a bully boy tactic to smash someones gimmick up. He's got it airbrushed, too, so he's went the lengths to make the briefcase apart of his gimmick. Its not like he's just got a prop. He's obviously invested time and money in it, so for someone to smash it up without telling him previously, is bullshit really.

I do wonder if Eugene was wrestling and suddenly, someone student from OVW decided to rip his Eugene jacket up in front of him, would he still have the same opinion? Usually the idea of destroying someones gimmick, be it stealing Tatanka's headdress or cutting the arms of Flair's robe, its done to build something. Not just smash it up randomly.

• Paid Members
44 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

What I like best about that story is that I’ve seen more about that than CM Punk’s supposed return doing in a run-in under a mask and hitting the GTS at MKE Wrestling. Silas Young (who was running the show( has said it was him and the event also featured Punk’s mate Ace Steel.

Ofcourse there is always the chance that the whole thing is complete horseshit and they’re just trying to get any form of publicity using Punk’s name, but if that is a “return” and it’s not  caused so much as a ripple of mass interest amuses me greatly

Does CM Punk not strike you as the type of person who has complete control of everything he does in his life and career right now? There's absolutely no way he's just letting someone use his name for publicity. He's known Ace Steel and Dave Prazak for donkey's years. Claiming that it's him and it's not makes no sense at all, you might as well just use him if he's masked.

Personally I think it's the sort of surprise wrestling needs more of, as much as I've soured on Punk over the years. 

• Paid Members

Punk's better off without. He's been Colt Cabana's meal ticket for years now. I mean, Punk's a tosser himself but at least he's aware of it whereas Cabana is blissfully unaware of how insufferable he is.

Saw the video, that is not a CM Punk return. Not only do the mannerisms not look like his at all, but even if it is him it’s under a mask, not advertised and in front of 250 people. It’s like Tom Delong getting pissed and doing karaoke, then people saying he has gotten back into music. Nah, just a bit of fun  

4 minutes ago, UK Kat Von D said:

Saw the video, that is not a CM Punk return. Not only do the mannerisms not look like his at all, but even if it is him it’s under a mask, not advertised and in front of 250 people. It’s like Tom Delong getting pissed and doing karaoke, then people saying he has gotten back into music. Nah, just a bit of fun  

Pretty much this, it's him having a laugh with his mates and they can have a chuckle at "the internet" after.

• Paid Members
On 4/18/2019 at 9:37 PM, tiger_rick said:

Very strange story I'd forgotten from Jerry Lawler on the classic Steve Austin podcast. He claims that he first became a commentator when Randy Savage turned up on WCW TV and Vince was desperate for a replacement at short notice. He was on commentary on Superstars 2 years before that wasn't he? His version sounds better though!

Lawler first started commentating in late 1992 when Savage was an active wrestler. The funny thing is that they were actually co-commentators for several months...

My earliest memories of weekly TV, after having Sky TV installed in 1993, is of the two alongside Vince.

• Paid Members

Thinking about it, I don’t think that any wrestling return has felt more out of place than the Quebecers in 1998.

Its mad to think how much of a relic they felt at the time, despite their 1993/94 heydey only being 4/5 years earlier.

Would it feel the same if a 2014 tag team rocked up now? Wrestling seemed to progress so much quicker back then.

Edited by garynysmon

Yeah I remember during their first run thinking they were really fresh and dynamic with the cool Pierre-as-a-weapon double team moves and such,. but then when they showed up in WCW just a couple of years later they felt fucking ancient. Like the Rock & Roll Express turning up on Raw in 98. The WWF return in 98 was even worse. 

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, garynysmon said:

Thinking about it, I don’t think that any wrestling return has felt more out of place than the Quebecers in 1998.

Its mad to think how much of a relic they felt at the time, despite their 1993/94 heydey only being 4/5 years earlier.

Would it feel the same if a 2014 tag team rocked up now? Wrestling seemed to progress so much quicker back then.

Bob Backland in 94 was worse. I only started watching in 90 so had no idea who he was but neither his in ring work, or promo videos did anything to stop me thinking old man was coming back. The fact he wasn’t much older then most of the roster was shocking

• Moderators

t only lasted like 3 or 4 months, but it was total total total dogshit. It pretty much run paraell to the also really really memorable Tom Brandi babyface fun in Italy trunks.

Edited by PowerButchi