Random Thoughts III.

PowerButchi

2 hours ago, King Pitcos said:

Maybe it’s be fine. If they did it this year, the card would probably be these matches (if we were keeping it to 5 like Takeover and going for the workrate stuff):

Lashley vs Balor

Mysterio vs Joe

Ryder/Hawkins vs Revival 

Smackdown tag team four way

Nese vs Murphy

I suppose that could work decently as a Takeover-style show? It just seems small-time as fuck but without the indie cred - but as you say, it'd probably sell out months in advance and if it delivered on the night, it’d establish itself as a cool brand for Mania weekend.

Exactly what I was thinking except maybe add a women’s match as well. Would be a tidy card and a fun watch. If they presented it as “see what the main roster guys can really do without any restraints” they would have an audience. It would be all the most hardcore fans, so we’d get a loud crowd where everyone is over to fuck 

Edited by UK Kat Von D

On Sunday, we have 16 matches, not including interviews, this year's hall of fame and various skits and segments adding up to what, eight maybe nine hours of Wrestle-Mania?

I would welcome a two night event, if it meant a shorter show on each night (eight matches on a show that is only four hours).

Imagine if someone won the Andre The Giant Battle Royal on night one and then actually got to challenge a champion or got to do anything on night two.

Edited by CL Punk

1 hour ago, CL Punk said:

On Sunday, we have 16 matches, not including interviews, this year's hall of fame and various skits and segments adding up to what, eight maybe nine hours of Wrestle-Mania?

I’m assuming your including the pres-show in your timings there, if not then your being a tad dramatic. Some matches, like the RAW tag team title match, will be lucky if they get 5 minutes, so just because we’re getting a 13 match main show doesn’t mean everything is going to be a 20 minute showcase

1 hour ago, WyattSheepMask said:

I’m assuming your including the pres-show in your timings there, if not then your being a tad dramatic. Some matches, like the RAW tag team title match, will be lucky if they get 5 minutes, so just because we’re getting a 13 match main show doesn’t mean everything is going to be a 20 minute showcase

Yeah, I was including the pre-show stuff.

You're right about not every match getting 20 minutes but last year's mania had 14 matches and was a little over eight hours long.

4 hours ago, CL Punk said:

On Sunday, we have 16 matches, not including interviews, this year's hall of fame and various skits and segments adding up to what, eight maybe nine hours of Wrestle-Mania?

I would welcome a two night event, if it meant a shorter show on each night (eight matches on a show that is only four hours).

Imagine if someone won the Andre The Giant Battle Royal on night one and then actually got to challenge a champion or got to do anything on night two.

That’s the danger of going over two nights as well. Using NotManiaLol as a go-home show for WrestleMania with qualifiers and stuff, so WrestleMania itself still has 15 matches on the night and lasts ten hours.

4 hours ago, King Pitcos said:

That’s the danger of going over two nights as well. Using NotManiaLol as a go-home show for WrestleMania with qualifiers and stuff, so WrestleMania itself still has 15 matches on the night and lasts ten hours.

I was thinking they should keep the battle royal on the main card as then those who have to do the night before stuff can still have something to do on the main show

5 hours ago, simonworden said:

I was thinking they should keep the battle royal on the main card as then those who have to do the night before stuff can still have something to do on the main show

The whole point suggesting a two nighter was that not everyone has to do something on the main show

1 hour ago, UK Kat Von D said:

The whole point suggesting a two nighter was that not everyone has to do something on the main show

I get your point but mine was that if they use this hypothetical concept then shoving those from the night before show in the battle royal doesn't do any harm. I don't have a problem with everyone being on the card though just the length and match numbers. They do go hand in hand normally unless you have a big multiman match

• Paid Members

I must admit that I also thought that Kofi looked way too skinny to be a world champion when watching his match against Daniel Bryan at 'Mania. Fuck me, wouldn't go that far though....

Superstar Billy Graham: "I urge you to start doing some steroids and add about 50 pounds of solid muscle to your championship body."

Screen Shot 2019-04-09 at 21.51.48.png

Edited by garynysmon