Random Thoughts III.

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Yeah the Quebecers in 98 just felt really odd. Tatanka coming back in 2005/06ish is another one, although he wasn’t as shite as Baby Blue Jacques and Pierre. 

One that might’ve felt out of place but could’ve worked IMO was Rick Martel coming back in 97 to team with Don Callis as ‘The Models’ or something. Callis talked about that being the plan around that time, is that true? I remember Martel still being decent when he turned up in WCW in 98 so he still had some gas in the tank. 

9 hours ago, garynysmon said:

Thinking about it, I don’t think that any wrestling return has felt more out of place than the Quebecers in 1998.

Its mad to think how much of a relic they felt at the time, despite their 1993/94 heydey only being 4/5 years earlier.

Would it feel the same if a 2014 tag team rocked up now? Wrestling seemed to progress so much quicker back then.

Aren’t the tag teams from 2014 still the same ones still kicking about now?

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Louch said:

Aren’t the tag teams from 2014 still the same ones still kicking about now?

Wrestling had moved on significantly in WWF between the Quebecers' two spells. Has it moved on significantly between 2014 and 2019?

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, UK Kat Von D said:

Saw the video, that is not a CM Punk return. Not only do the mannerisms not look like his at all, but even if it is him it’s under a mask, not advertised and in front of 250 people. It’s like Tom Delong getting pissed and doing karaoke, then people saying he has gotten back into music. Nah, just a bit of fun  

I don't think anyone is looking at this as a CM Punk return, apart from maybe those on Twitter with CM Punk avatars and 'CHRIS BENOIT 4 HOF' in their bios.

It's 99% Phillip Jack Brooks under the mask though. I don't think it's going to drum up much intensest for Silas Young's promotion though. Mainly because it's fucking Silas Young.

• Paid Members

Wrestlers have done some shameless stuff over the years, but Jacques Rougeau doing a big retirement match with Hulk Hogan in Montreal, only to then wrestle the Faces of Fear 2 days later on Worldwide. Doing a big retirement match and then not even retiring for a week is the gold standard of carny.

"Thanks for your money."

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

Opinion;

The Billy andï»ż Chuck wedding was one of the funniest and well pulled off angles in wrestling history. Also, the pop that went out when Billy said "we're not gay" would rival any pop Austin got in his Attitude era heyday. 

Another honourable mentionï»ż goes to the Mr America lie detector angle. Vince was fucking hilarious. "At least I don't fantasise about the Mae Youngs of this world." Beeeeeeeeeep. ï»żï»ż

Comedy in wrestling can be greatï»ż. Not oftenï»żï»żï»żï»żï»żï»żï»ż ï»żï»żthoughï»żï»żï»żï»ż.ï»ż ï»żï»żï»ż

• Paid Members
55 minutes ago, LEGIT said:

Another honourable mentionï»ż goes to the Mr America lie detector angle. Vince was fucking hilarious. "At least I don't fantasise about the Mae Youngs of this world." Beeeeeeeeeep. ï»żï»ż

I watch that segment at least a couple of times a year. It's fucking hilarious.

Edited by Devon Malcolm