Random Thoughts III.

PowerButchi

Managed to get a photo and signature off Sid, fair play to them for actually getting him there. Highlight of the day was either Undertaker having staff curtain off the 6 foot between his secret tent and the fire exit/bogs so nobody could see him getting off, or the guy in full Kane costume pushing a pram.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Cannibal Man said:

Managed to get a photo and signature off Sid, fair play to them for actually getting him there. Highlight of the day was either Undertaker having staff curtain off the 6 foot between his secret tent and the fire exit/bogs so nobody could see him getting off, or the guy in full Kane costume pushing a pram.

Did Sid poo on the Undertaker again?

The Q&A sessions were all streamed live so the temptation was there to ask about hiim shitting himself, but I really wanted to ask Sid about that story Kevin Owens told about him doing a Canadian indy, getting a heroes reaction and then fucking it up by spending half an hour talking about an idea for a WWE comeback that involved time travel using a cosmic key which at the event was represented by two water jugs taped together at the top. That and asking Bischoff what possessed him to hire Nailz

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Cannibal Man said:

Excuse the double post but just wanted to say i've just got back and RVD is a very sound person and also interrupted two lads getting a Jimmy Hart photo op so he could give him grief about the American Males theme on our behalf

Fuck! You could have asked him about WrestleXpress for me.

I really loved this past weekend. I will be attending next years show.

So much better than Wrestlingmedia con. Had some right laughs with fellow fans in the autograph & photo ques. The FutureShock Show was Grand too.

Above posts were on about how great RVD is and I can testify to that he was my favourite guest. Ric Flair was good too, abit rushed as of the volume of people who wanted to see him but he really liked my comment on how good it is to see him in the rap videos.

I found Kelly Kelly a bit rude went for an autograph and was talking to her fans through her phone barely making eye contact, she seemed better on the photo op than autograph. And lastly Virgil was a laugh I mentioned how nice it was that he went on GTS and went to Grims house on his show not many wrestlers would hang out at a fans house his response was 'Fuck Grim, he paid me to do it' He also said he main evented Summerslam 92 against Hulk Hogan and won. So that was a lot of wholesome fun. But yeah in all an incredible weekend 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, I like root beer said:

I found Kelly Kelly a bit rude went for an autograph and was talking to her fans through her phone barely making eye contact, she seemed better on the photo op than autograph. And lastly Virgil was a laugh I mentioned how nice it was that he went on GTS and went to Grims house on his show not many wrestlers would hang out at a fans house his response was 'Fuck Grim, he paid me to do it' He also said he main evented Summerslam 92 against Hulk Hogan and won. So that was a lot of wholesome fun. But yeah in all an incredible weekend 

I've always loved Virgil, now I love him even more.

• Paid Members

I went yesterday as I'd always wanted to have a photo with Bret Hart. He was very nice (thankfully) as was Ric Flair, who I also got a photo with. The queues for both were massive all day.

Marty Jannetty was a car crash, as funny/cringe/embarrassing as it was at times. I could clearly see him trying to sneakily drink cans of Carlsberg (of all the fucking lagers) he had hidden under the desk.

Somehow my mate got talking to him as we were leaving and gave us a free selfie, and I thought he was a nice bloke. This, however, was just before he started calling over any half decent women that walked past his desk. I clearly heard him trying to persuade a woman to come home with him (who was there with her two kids by the way).

Problem with these events is that you could spend an absolute fortune unless you set yourself a clear budget. Someone must have made a killing on the Undertaker at ÂŁ150 a pop, and the queues were massive all day. That's too much for me personally, I don't care how big a star they are.

I don't particularly like the idea of handing over £20+ for the privilege of a 10 second hello and photo as it feels a bit demeaning (not to mention bloody expensive.) But again, how else are you ever going to meet some of these wrestlers in this day and age?

I can't see Flair doing many more of these. He looked pretty frail sadly.

Edited by garynysmon

Yeah I went Saturday, didn’t pay any of the prices as they were a bit steep but sat in on the panels. All were good bar the Beefcake/Jannetty one as Brutus was as boring as at the HOF and Marty was a mess. Jericho was supposed to do one but it got cancelled without much notice as his line was so long

The Futureshock show was decent, Dunne showing up as the last man in the Rumble match got a big pop as people were expecting him to have been on his way down to Wales after his panel earlier. Had to leave during the semi main so missed what looked to be a fun brawl between Zack Gibson and Joey Hayes in the ME. One regret was not getting a pic with Lana Austin, was near her at the merch table but couldn’t bring myself to ask her (she’s stunning in person btw)

A fun day overall, will be looking to do the full weekend next year