Random Thoughts III.

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

Yeah I went Saturday, didn’t pay any of the prices as they were a bit steep but sat in on the panels. All were good bar the Beefcake/Jannetty one as Brutus was as boring as at the HOF and Marty was a mess.

That would explain why they got bumped off yesterday's 1980's WWF panel then!

Edited by garynysmon

• Paid Members

I swear, Beefcake has to be the most useless cunt ever doesnt he? The bare minimal is to not be dull, and he cant manage that. You've had a 35 year career in the entertainment industry, pretty much been glued to Hulk Hogan throughout Hogan's giant career in pop culture, and all Beefcake can do is sound like he's playing with his figures. "OH, me and the Hulkster, Ooooh, we were a great team." Fuck.

Beefcake might have been as bad as Hillbilly Jim had it not been for the ban on speeches going six hours.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

On 4/28/2019 at 2:40 AM, Mr Kennedy said:

For anyone that attended, how was the event? Any major gripes?

Cracking event, Flair went out of his way to have a good chat with my starstruck son, Hacksaw was great, had a good chat with Christian in the afternoon he’s not sure whether the network show with Edge is coming back. Hall and Nash also high fived my son so all in all great. Well organised and friendly people.

• Paid Members

Not sure if its common knowledge of not, but how do the financials of events like this work? Do the wrestlers get a retainer and then pocket the autograph/photo money, or do they get paid a flat fee and the organisers retain the money?

Was wondering what was the case all day tbh.

8 hours ago, garynysmon said:

I can't see Flair doing many more of these. He looked pretty frail sadly.

That's a shame to hear that. I only thought after Ric put the photo on Twitter of him, Nash, Hall, DiBiase and Wendy over the weekend how good he looked but appreciate that photos do not always tell the full story. 

In all honesty, he has done so well to get back on track after the big health scare back in 2017.

• Paid Members

He did look well but didn't move well, if that makes sense? In fairness we should remember that the bloke is 70, lived a manic lifestyle and is lucky to be alive. He was overheard complaining that he was tired and his legs hurt but these kind of events can be a long slog all round, especially by the second day.

11 minutes ago, garynysmon said:

He did look well but didn't move well, if that makes sense? In fairness we should remember that the bloke is 70, lived a manic lifestyle and is lucky to be alive. He was overheard complaining that he was tired and his legs hurt but these kind of events can be a long slog all round, especially by the second day.

That's a very good point and I can imagine the events to be quite draining both physically and mentally. I am sure that I am not alone when I think of Ric Flair I think of and picture the Ric Flair from 1992 Royal Rumble. I never think of people in the limelight becoming older. 

1 hour ago, garynysmon said:

Not sure if its common knowledge of not, but how do the financials of events like this work? Do the wrestlers get a retainer and then pocket the autograph/photo money, or do they get paid a flat fee and the organisers retain the money?

Was wondering what was the case all day tbh.

Depends on the deal, if they get a flat fee then the promoter takes the money made, sometimes they would do a split or sometimes the promoter flies them in and takes the entry gate and lets the wrestlers keep the money. Just depends on who you are.

21 minutes ago, Abe_Knuckleball_Schwartz said:

That's a shame to hear that. I only thought after Ric put the photo on Twitter of him, Nash, Hall, DiBiase and Wendy over the weekend how good he looked but appreciate that photos do not always tell the full story. 

In all honesty, he has done so well to get back on track after the big health scare back in 2017.

I was there and Flair was in a great mood, he's a 70 year old man with health issues last year so is a little slower but weight and health wise he was looking much better.