Jump to content

Random Thoughts III.


PowerButchi

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted
3 hours ago, Accident Prone said:

There was chat on here a while back about production values for non-WWE hype videos and the like. It stemmed from someone who thought that the Moxley videos were produced by WWE due to how good they looked, followed by examples from everyone else of the how the independent scene is putting out comparable, if not better, hype videos.

Well, OTT have done it again. This is the incredible hype video for WALTER vs David Starr.

 

Great production. Why the fuck are you promoting that they've had 25 matches though? Nothing makes wrestling feel phonier than admitting these fuckers work 365 days a year (nearly). I really don't like that.

  • Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Posted
2 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

Great production. Why the fuck are you promoting that they've had 25 matches though? Nothing makes wrestling feel phonier than admitting these fuckers work 365 days a year (nearly). I really don't like that.

Worthy critique. In the wrestling bubble, David Starr's loss-record to WALTER is like a reverse of Undertaker's WrestleMania streak, in that it's highly anticipated whenever they have a match and it immediately sells a show. But it's easy to see how it can be an immediate turn off everyone else.

Posted

For the first time in my life I couldn’t tell you who all the WWE title holders are.

Tag champs on either brand? Haven’t a clue.

US/IC Champs? From the top of my head, I don’t know. 

I couldn’t even guess who the Cruiserweight champion might be. 

The wildcard rule, for whatever reason, has completely killed my interest in both brands and while I still follow the shows casually via web reports/YouTube I feel no motivation to watch a full show anymore.

I know people who ‘took a break’ from wrestling and I think I’m almost there, I can’t remember the last time I felt so apathetic towards it. 

The (lack of) quality to main roster WWE tv is killing my interest in NXT and any potential interest in AEW. It probably shouldn’t, and I should feel more driven to seek out alternatives but that’s not happening for me.

Bit stream-of-consciousness, that post, but I wonder how many other people are being completely apathised (not a word, but I can’t think of an alternative!) out of wrestling.

  • Awards Moderator
Posted
10 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

For the first time in my life I couldn’t tell you who all the WWE title holders are.

Tag champs on either brand? Haven’t a clue.

US/IC Champs? From the top of my head, I don’t know. 

I couldn’t even guess who the Cruiserweight champion might be. 

The wildcard rule, for whatever reason, has completely killed my interest in both brands and while I still follow the shows casually via web reports/YouTube I feel no motivation to watch a full show anymore.

I know people who ‘took a break’ from wrestling and I think I’m almost there, I can’t remember the last time I felt so apathetic towards it. 

The (lack of) quality to main roster WWE tv is killing my interest in NXT and any potential interest in AEW. It probably shouldn’t, and I should feel more driven to seek out alternatives but that’s not happening for me.

Bit stream-of-consciousness, that post, but I wonder how many other people are being completely apathised (not a word, but I can’t think of an alternative!) out of wrestling.

Even in the past few years with my interest in the main roster at a low, I always looked forward to NXT. But the past few months even they've hit a real rut. The guys across all shows that I look forward to watching, I'm not fussed about anymore. No matter which WWE show I watch my finger's always hovering over the 'skip ahead 30 seconds' button. So I'm with you.

I also have no idea who some of the champions are. It's the Raw tag titles which have me stumped. I think it might be Ryder and Hawkins still, but I can't honestly remember seeing or hearing anything about them since WrestleMania, apart from them both being in the big battle royal last week. But they didn't have their belts then. No idea.

Posted

Without checking, I think I can name all of the champions.

Rollins, Becky, Bayley and Kofi have the big belts.

Bryan/Rowan, The Revival and the Iiconics have the tag belts.

US is Samoa Joe, IC is Finn Balor. 

Cruiser, Tony Nese. And R-Truth for 24/7.

Posted

Listening to an interview Batista did with that snivelling Ryan Satin shit head. He recalls a conversation between him and Jericho about WWE's creative structure being antithetical to making stars. It's nothing we haven't heard before. But Jericho matter-of-factly saying "Cena is the last guy" is genuinely disheartening as fuck. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

Cornette said that for years in fairness to the old mentalist. Once Brock left them high and dry after WrestleMania XX, the star making process completely changed. Everyone has to be cunted off before getting a push. Even Brock had to put Cena and Triple H over before being the unbeatable monster again.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Just watched the Ronda Rousey 24, good lord she's a big miss for them currently. So much star power and a proper star which so much of the WWE roster is not.

I appreciate she's off to have a family, but if she ever comes back it should be a massively big deal. 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...