Jump to content

Random Thoughts III.


PowerButchi

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted

Yeah, he was intentionally being kept off TV to get more experience on tiny shows and then replace Hogan as and when he left/lost his appeal. I guess in an alternate universe where he'd turned out not to suck, perfect timing would be to debut him on the February 1988 The Main Event show in a squash, then have him win the WrestleMania IV tournament.

  • Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Posted
8 hours ago, PSF said:

The majority of those look like some dodgy rip offs on Ingoldmells market back in the 90's. The Rock especially.

Who is actually wearing any of those. I can't imagine any scenario where someone is walking around in that Alexa Bliss jacket.

I’m curious about these as well. The market for them is fat little wrestling-fan scruffs like me, but I probably can’t pull off wearing something that loud. Im not paying a hundred quid to just be embarrassed by it. I’m glad I never had THE Ultimate Warrior jacket as a teenager for the same reason. The sort of people who can pull off wearing clothes that garish probably aren’t huge wrestling fans on the whole.

If one of them ever gets reduced enough, though, I’ll wear it to the club and see what people say. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

Love those football strips, though. Some of them look like they've been based on early 90s World Cup tops - that red nWo one looks like the lovely USSR Italia '90 Umbro strip, the Macho Man one puts me in mind of a goalie top, and the Razor Ramon one reminds me of Germany's USA '94 effort.

Posted
1 hour ago, Pinc said:

I’m tempted to get one as festival-wear, but think they’re just a bit too expensive to take the plunge on.

Yes!! I’ll try to remember to get the Ric Flair one for Reading this year.

Although the robe is half the price. https://euroshop.wwe.com/en_GB/ric-flair-wwe-classic-superstars-dress-up-robe/EA1016.html?intent=&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI6vfLgsOv4QIVLLHtCh3YGwpvEAQYASABEgJ9EvD_BwE

  • Paid Members
Posted
11 minutes ago, King Pitcos said:

Yes!! I’ll try to remember to get the Ric Flair one for Reading this year.

Although the robe is half the price. https://euroshop.wwe.com/en_GB/ric-flair-wwe-classic-superstars-dress-up-robe/EA1016.html?intent=&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI6vfLgsOv4QIVLLHtCh3YGwpvEAQYASABEgJ9EvD_BwE

If you're hinting that you're going to wear a Ric Flair robe to the Reading Festival and think that I'm not going to remind you about this on at least a weekly basis until that date, you're sadly mistaken, my friend.

  • Paid Members
Posted
43 minutes ago, BrodyGraham said:

If Bret Hart broke in around 2002, he'd have worn those shorts. And kick pads, lovely pink kick pads.

That Flair jacket is lovely.

He'd have worn this I imagine.

e6ce8f0bd5d40225e9ca3c8dffe4c25e.png

Posted

I’ll definitely wear it if I go, but I’m hoping that my friends realise we shouldn’t go and we all sell our tickets at a massive loss the week before the festival.

  • Paid Members
Posted
55 minutes ago, King Pitcos said:

I’ll definitely wear it if I go, but I’m hoping that my friends realise we shouldn’t go and we all sell our tickets at a massive loss the week before the festival.

Will you open up the jacket and walk around with your cock out as well. Doing the penny loafer shuffle and windmill, obviously.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Watched a Raw from late 2012 last night refreshing my memory of the Ryback push. Just as an illustration of how stuff doesn't change much these days I noted all of the characters on the show who are still around. Thought about 1992 vs. 1999 in the WWF. I reckon only The Undertaker, Bossman and Owen Hart, until his untimely death, were regulars - and Bossman had been away for nearly 6 of those 7 years. Just on that one Raw you had Michael Cole, "Mr. McMahon", Cena, Cesaro, Daniel Bryan, Primo & Epico, Big Show, Orton, Naomi, R Truth, Heyman, Sheamus, Ziggler, Titus O'Neil, Mysterio, Kofi, Miz, Ryder, Slater, Mahal, McIntyre and the Usos who are all around these days. Plus Kane who I'm not sure the status of. There are clearly loads of new guys but so many who just seem to have been around forever.

What the fuck ever happened to "Tout"?

Posted

Partnership with WWE ended in 2014, they pivoted their business model to provide video content services for major media outlets like CNN, Fox Sports etc. Not sure if WWE are still invested as they put money in originally in 2012.

  • Paid Members
Posted

If Bret debuted in 2002 he'd have been in those pseudo MMA tight shorts everybody appeared to be wearing around the time. 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...