Random Thoughts III.

PowerButchi

I'd totally forgot about the shit show that is Mankind/ Taker at In Your House 14, or to be specific the post-match. The one with The Undertaker trying to set up Paul Bearer to get 'accidentally' fireballed by his new charge Mankind. Foley fails and fails in lighting the flash paper, the Taker continues to awkwardly hold Bearer in position and, fuck me, it's like time itself slows down. It's the most blatant, cringe inducing botch I've seen. Taker and Mankind look like they're in cahoots for a second before you realise it's just one colossal fuck up and they look like fucking goofs. The crowd is noticeably baffled, some openly laughing.

And to top it off Taker goes into business for himself by snatching the flash paper and lighting up the poor cowering Bearer on his own! I mean, Paul turned on him the previous year, but even still, this made the Dead Man look like a total cunt. I was literally covering my face in embarrassment watching this play out.

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, Undefeated Steak said:

Re: the tape of the Bret match. Sorry to sound ignorant but what makes that particular footage so special? I’m assuming there’s been lots of ‘lost tapes’ that’ve been found through the years but this is all over Twitter recently. Cheers. 

Vince signed a guy called Tom Magee, hoping to make him his next top guy. He had a great bodybuilder's physique, a bit of athleticism, and a natural babyface look. As I understand it, Vince put him through his paces in a match with Bret Hart. This match is legendary because it completely fooled the boss - Magee was shit, but Bret was such a good worker that he made the guy look like the main-eventer that Vince thought he was, and was, supposedly, responsible for Vince trying to push him for a long time despite being exposed in fairly short order.

• Paid Members

I’m up to the Raw after Invasion and I’ll tell you what, for all the flak it gets for The Alliance being weak lowercard guys, WWF haven’t half got a shit roster when half of them sly back off to ECW.

Leading into Invasion you have the likes of Scotty 2 Hotty, Essa Rios, Albert, K-Kwik, Crash Holly and Haku leading the charge after you get your 4 or 5 main stars out the way. 

I mean, the whole thing is so poorly done but honestly it’s a weak roster from both sides.

• Paid Members

I can't believe what a difference a set change can do to the product. The change in April 97 is such a dramatic improvement especially after that Germany show.

Edited by Fox Piss

20 minutes ago, rollthedice said:

I think WWE Euroshop sell their line but not all of them.

Edit: They do

https://euroshop.wwe.com/en_GB/search?q=Chalk+line&lang=en_GB

The majority of those look like some dodgy rip offs on Ingoldmells market back in the 90's. The Rock especially.

Who is actually wearing any of those. I can't imagine any scenario where someone is walking around in that Alexa Bliss jacket.

• Paid Members
On 3/30/2019 at 3:39 PM, Carbomb said:

Vince signed a guy called Tom Magee, hoping to make him his next top guy. He had a great bodybuilder's physique, a bit of athleticism, and a natural babyface look. As I understand it, Vince put him through his paces in a match with Bret Hart. This match is legendary because it completely fooled the boss - Magee was shit, but Bret was such a good worker that he made the guy look like the main-eventer that Vince thought he was, and was, supposedly, responsible for Vince trying to push him for a long time despite being exposed in fairly short order.

I wonder what it would've meant for Hogan. Vince was said to have yelled 'That's my new champion!' So, Magee getting the belt at WM3? No Hogan-Andre? On the plus side, at least Andre wouldn't have died from his injuries shortly after.

25 minutes ago, PSF said:

The majority of those look like some dodgy rip offs on Ingoldmells market back in the 90's. The Rock especially.

Who is actually wearing any of those. I can't imagine any scenario where someone is walking around in that Alexa Bliss jacket.

Not even just the Bliss one, they're all atrocious!

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Ronnie said:

I wonder what it would've meant for Hogan. Vince was said to have yelled 'That's my new champion!' So, Magee getting the belt at WM3? No Hogan-Andre? On the plus side, at least Andre wouldn't have died from his injuries shortly after.

Given the time frame, I suspect that WM3 might've been too soon; I think it's more likely we would have ended up with no Ultimate Warrior.