Minor PPVs that don't deserve a thread *Spoilers*

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

Classic WWE. Just as I'm getting into the routine of not really giving a care, they go and book Joe v Lesnar. I mean, it's a match that shouldn't happen, according to the reality I've lived in for all this time.

I just hope we get the two of them doing a big monster brawl, because it'll be such a waste seeing this turn into another Ambrose match. Even in defeat, if Joe goes back and forth with Lesnar it will be massive for him.

• Paid Members

Joe vs. Lesnar is enough to hook me. A genuine dream match that I never thought I'd see. Has Joe been built as an unstoppable monster? Or will they have to start building him as such now? To echo others, I don't want him to be "Ambrose'd." In fact, I want Joe to win.

I can see Joe getting some offense, but the match will ultimately follow the standard current Lesnar formula IMO. He could have Braun at Summerslam, so i can see them using this as a dominant Brock win.

But if booked right, it does have the potential to be a stiff ass barnburner TBH.

1 hour ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Joe - Lesnar all depends on if Lesnar can be arsed to put his working shoes on or not.

I hope so, as it has the potential to be quite the corker.

It's more dependent on if WWE tell him to have a fifteen minute match or kill the mid carder in 5 minutes. 

We all want that match that sounded amazing 5 years ago, but it's not really down to lesnar. Sure he could say no to a proper match, but I don't even think he will be asked. 

• Awards Moderator

Apart from the bafflingly short Bliss - Bayley, I really enjoyed that show. I was completely stunned by the decision to go with Joe, but more power to it. Good fun match too, I wish they could develop another booking template besides 'you all lie down for a bit so we can do several consecutive singles matches' but there you go. I never saw the barrier spot coming. Reigns looked terrific, especially on his entrance where he mounted the turnbuckles and glared at everyone else. Finn's little explosion was cool AF (/fellowkids) and Rollins was as shit as ever. 

Miz is having another sensational heel year. 

First of all, Brock Lesnar v Samoa Joe, yes, yes, yes!

But I dunno, I wasn't quite  feeling Extreme Rules overall and usually enjoy the PPVs. Felt Russoesque at times as a couple of the stipulations were a bit too gimmicky and had a negative impact on the matches for me. Moments like Jeff Hardy escaping the cage  only to come back as well as there being DQs and count outs in a fricking submission match didn't help that feeling  either.

Good main event though.

Edited by AndyUK

• Paid Members

The opener was pretty decent by Miz/Ambrose standards, but the nonsense around the finish hurt it for me. This, sadly, would be a recurring theme throughout the night.

I didn't watch the mixed tag or the kendo stick matches. Life's too short for that carry on.

I really enjoyed the tag match as I love tag team cage matches, but yet again they made it over-complicated. I have no issue with 'escape the cage' cage matches, in fact I probably prefer them, having grown up on the WWF blue bar version of a cage match. Jeff escaping and going back to help Matt, that's fair enough. However once he has escaped, he shouldn't need to escape twice. Matt should still be the only one that needs to get out ahead of Sheamus and Cesaro in that spot at the end, with Jeff having already made it out earlier. 

I thought the Crusierweight match was pretty good as well but again it was hampered by the confusion over the ways to win. If somebody can only win by submission then nobody can be disqualified, as that means DQ is now a viable way to win the match. If it would be possible to be a no contest due to breaking rules then that would be different, but this just added extra confusion where they didn't need any. 

I thought the main event was a blinder with a very surprising winner. A great main event, exciting action, big spots, logically worked for the most part. It wasn't hampered by complications over how to win either, like most of the other matches were. Seth Rollins and his bad knee can fuck right off though. 

Edited by WeeAl

11 hours ago, Supremo said:

Joe vs. Lesnar is enough to hook me. A genuine dream match that I never thought I'd see. Has Joe been built as an unstoppable monster? Or will they have to start building him as such now? To echo others, I don't want him to be "Ambrose'd." In fact, I want Joe to win.

I'd say he has been booked the complete opposite of a unstoppable monster since Fast Lane.

I wouldn't get too excited, I think we'll get the usual Lesnar formula for this match unfortunately.

The PPV was good, everything had me interested to a point, something needs to be done with Balor though, those drop kicks he does wouldn't knock me over never mind someone of Roman's stature.

Be interesting to see what's next for the Hardys, Roman & Finn though as I think they will go with a Rollins/Wyatt fued after this.

I think the Cage Match rules Made sense

Jeff escapes fair enough and leaves a 2 on 1 so has to come back in.

Logically/Keeping it fair it does makes sense that he then has to escape once again as he has re entered the match

Otherwise every team thats ever been in a cage match when the partner has escaped leaving a 2 on 1 would now look like Idiots for not coming back in and helping the partner.

It makes sense to say sure come back in and save him but you'll need to get back out again.

It all adds to the tactics as they kept explaining over and over again, one time I'd like to see one of the teams just let one of the opponents escape when they 1st try and then start a 2 on 1 match for themselves

The only thing with that is it makes one of the team look a little silly.

Though at one point Matt was leaning against the turnbuckle next to the wide open door with Sheamus and Cesaro down and could of just fallen out, I was shouting at him to just go out the Damn door Matt it's wide open.

The submission match again makes some sense although wasn't explained

In a normal pinfall Match they don't advertise Dq and count outs as being in effect we just accept it

I took it as a submission match in this instance being the same rules as a pinfall Match just with no pinfalls.

A short explanation saying that would have helped.

• Awards Moderator

I was fine with the re-entry, but when Jeff escaped, Matt and Sheamus were fighting on the top of the cage. If I'd been Matt, I'd have just let Sheamus go and then I could have had a one on one match with Cesaro and increased my chance of winning while eliminating a potential handicap.

I really enjoyed this PPV, the last few have been more miss than hit but I got really invested in this one. 

I enjoyed Ambrose/Miz a lot more than I thought and even with the hokey ref, I still had no idea where it was going and like others was expecting an appearance from the drifter in the match at some point. 

Bayley/Bliss was probably the weakest point and I feel sorry for both of them as they are two amazing talents but I can't help but feel the booking of their feud has been one huge downfall. 

The main event was great. Loved the end and I thought any of Joe, Seth, Finn or Bray could have won it any time. I never thought Roman would win as the Brock/Roman match will be saved for next year I think.