Minor PPVs that don't deserve a thread *Spoilers*

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

I only watched the main event which I enjoyed. I've always been a big Roman Reigns fan but he's just getting better and better. He carries himself like a megastar now and feels a level above everyone else. And he's developed into the most well rounded wrestler in the WWE and probably the entire planet. Yes, I said it. Reigns is the best wrestler in the world right now. If you disagree, fuck you, you're wrong.

Joe and Wyatt were great fun as the bullies and Finn played a solid underdog and when he did get his stuff in, it looked good. Seth was terrible as always. He's basically Dolph Ziggler. A glorified spot monkey with a high opinion of himself. The finish of the match was perfect. It not only was a great heel finish because Joe snuck in and stole the win but it got over his choke as fucking dangerous, so it got Joe over as both a heel and a force to be reckoned with. Lovely.

I don't have much hope for Joe/Lesnar though. In theory it's a dream match but in practice Brock seems to be a lazy bastard and will do the bare minimum with Joe I predict.

Edited by LaGoosh

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, PunkStep said:

The ref in the Miz/Ambrose was a bit too hokey for me, bordering on the lines of pantomime near the end. Sending Maryse to the back got a brilliant reaction though.

Yeah, he was definitely a little OTT, but the ref often has to be when doing that kind of spot to really draw attention to what's happening. It's not a time for small gestures.

Had to laugh, though, at him taking a fairly nasty ref bump through the ropes to the floor and popping right back up as if nothing happened, when a gentle shove normally takes a ref out for ten minutes.

6 hours ago, The King of Old School said:

I wouldn't get too excited, I think we'll get the usual Lesnar formula for this match unfortunately.

What is the usual Lesnar formula? I can't think of two matches he's had since WrestleMania 30 that were especially similar.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Pinc said:

What is the usual Lesnar formula? I can't think of two matches he's had since WrestleMania 30 that were especially similar.

The Suplex City squash matches he was doing on the Network specials and house shows before Goldberg came along, basically.

The only thing I dislike about Reigns is that he still wears what's basically his old Shield gear. Apart from that, he's the fucking man :D

I feel quite conflicted about Joe facing Lesnar. It's been a dream match for me for a long, long time but I kind of wish they'd spent more time building Joe first. Hopefully creative can prove me wrong and we get 5-6 weeks of fantastic build for Joe and a cracking match at the PPV.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Love-Wilcox said:

I feel quite conflicted about Joe facing Lesnar. It's been a dream match for me for a long, long time but I kind of wish they'd spent more time building Joe first. Hopefully creative can prove me wrong and we get 5-6 weeks of fantastic build for Joe and a cracking match at the PPV.

I can't wait for Lesnar/Joe, either it will be the well built up classic we all dream it will be or that was never on the cards and it will be a quick match for Brock to show his face before facing Reigns or whoever. Roman could've won the 5 man and Brock only wrestles a few times a year so I'm just happy it's happening regardless even if it ends up only being 5 minutes.

Up until today I honestly thought 'Great Balls Of Fire' had been some kind of joke that I'd missed out on. I mean obviously it's SOMEONES idea of a joke but without an explanation.

Extreme Rules was pretty godawful.

At least they paid for the logical Jerry Lee Lewis song, I wouldn't have been surprised if it was some metalcore band from the 2000s