Minor PPVs that don't deserve a thread *Spoilers*

tiger_rick

The Great Balls of Fire promo is a fucking travesty.

Also, Baron Corbin is so shit. Just dull and awful.

Nice to see they recognise the value of AJ/Nakamura, but whoever decided to write the most interesting competitor out of 75% of the match deserves shooting.

Enjoyed Randy vs Jinder. Women's MITB match just shows you the true depths of contempt the people at the top still have for women's wrestling. Men's MITB good, but fast forwarded 10 minutes in the middle and don't feel like I missed anything.

Overall, crap.

• Paid Members

That might have a shot at being the most predictable PPV I've ever watched.

Main event was decent. Orton/Mahal was better than last time. How stupid did Flair and Slaughter look just standing there while the Singh brothers grabbed Bob Orton?

Opening to the Womens MITB match was absolutely horrible. Whoever booked that wants putting in a ring with Tamina for all of time. Then the 2 by 2 booking felt so contrived. Finish was anticlimatic too. Shame because the women worked hard and took risks but overall: rubbish.

The commentators calling them the Fashion Police but the announcer Breezango annoys me too much.

Good action but with the no marks at the top end, it just feels like a really long episode of Metal at the moment.

Corbin' hair looks like it was fished from a plug hole and half heartedly fashioned into a syrup.

They've got Styles, Naka, Orton and Cena on Smackdown that really stand out. They could do with making more of them, because Corbin and Jinder are fucking toilet.

• Paid Members

1 hour ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Nice to see they recognise the value of AJ/Nakamura, but whoever decided to write the most interesting competitor out of 75% of the match deserves shooting.

To be fair, I preferred them doing that and him getting that great return reaction than have him do the usual trade spots then sell for ages on the outside with everyone else. The stuff with AJ was really good too.

That Uso's/New Day match looked pretty damn great aside from the horrible finish.

• Paid Members

I called them writing out Nakamura for much of the match the moment he was announced; they did the same thing with Sin Cara when he was the shiny new international star. Have him in the match, but protect him by having him not involved with most of it, in the hope that he comes out of it looking like he could have won rather than like he half-arsed it.

• Awards Moderator
2 hours ago, Silky Kisser said:

To be fair, I preferred them doing that and him getting that great return reaction than have him do the usual trade spots then sell for ages on the outside with everyone else. The stuff with AJ was really good too.

That Uso's/New Day match looked pretty damn great aside from the horrible finish.

I'm the other way round on that. I think Nakamura looked like a cheap-shotting loser here. He gets taken out during his entrance by two ladder shots to the gut and a camera to the back, has to be walked backstage with help, and no attempt at trying to fight through the pain or get revenge, just like Reigns at the 2016 Rumble: fair enough, guys, I'm off to have a twenty minute rest while you lot all kill each other, taking bumps and falls and ladder shots way worse than I just got, but still being able to get up and continue within a minute or two each time unlike me, then, when you've all killed each other, I'll come back and try and win because I'll be totally fresh and you'll all be done for. Not what a top babyface should be acting like to me. It'd have been better if he'd been attacked backstage before the match or, to be honest, if he hadn't been in the match at all. I did like the parts with him and Styles though.

It's also a shame that the 'revolutionary' first Women's MITB match could only be won with help from a bloke. Progress!

I wasn't into much of the rest of the show, either. Fashion Vice and the Mike/Maria debut held my interest more than any of the matches.

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

• Paid Members

Thought it was a pretty crap show.

All the talent they have on Smackdown and you've got Jinder as champion and Corbin as Mr. Money in the Bank. It's not heel heat, either. They're both just woefully shit and impossible to care about.

I decided to go back and watch the end of last year's Money in the Bank show after coming out of this one so underwhelmed. It was awesome when Dean Ambrose cashed in on Seth Rollins. I mean, that turned to shit like most things do, but for that one night it was brilliant.

Nakamura Vs. AJ should make a great Summerslam match.

Mike Bennett wouldn't have a contract if he wasn't married to Maria.

Edited by Supremo

Didn't mind the show but nothing really special happened, did it ? Storyline wise I quite like Elsworth handed the case to Carmella, even if it did kill the momentum of the match... loved her coming out during the Women's Title match and teasing the cash-in. AJ vs Shinsuke was the best thing about the main event, I can't wait for those two to have a singles bout.

Bit of a disappointing show. I expected the women's ladder match to maybe go on after the guys and give them a run for their money but it never really got out of a certain gear. I liked the finish though. 

Tag titles were good but there was a lull after that sitting through Lana's debut, Mahal v Orton and a filler Ascension match. The debut of Maria and her fella took me off guard, I'd heard they were coming but that was ages ago and I'd forgotten. I like the shtick, they effortlessly came off as the worst people in the world. I guess if I have a slight issue, it's where were the vignettes? 

Main event was very entertaining. Can agree that Shinsuke sitting a lot of it out didn't look great but once he came back the excitement ramped up. AJ/Naka preview was good stuff and no issues with Corbin winning. He's got a good character, can hang with the indie ladz and cuts some good promos. 

Heel champ and briefcase holder though, blimey. Beware a main event push for Sami Zayn

Realised last night Naomi is the only face champion in the company right now

Edited by sj5522

Wow, feel very underwhelmed after watching that event. I was actually quite excited about it and thought it had potential throughout the card but it fell flat on all accounts.

The women's MITB match never seemed to get out of first gear and it was entirely predicable about Elsworth getting involved. Someone on some podcast mentioned that would happen the other day and it has been in mind ever since. 

Tag team bout was good throughout the match but I am really not a fan of Count out's/DQ's at PPV's. Feels too much like an episode of Smackdown. 

Lana was thrown in to the deep end tonight and was caught spot calling throughout but that's not her fault, she could have done with more TV time and actual matches before being thrown straight in to a PPV. 

Jinder and Randy was good. I enjoyed this match and the crowd provided plenty of heat for Jinder and with Randy being the home town boy, it had the feeling of a big fight feel which I liked and it added to the match. 

Really did not feel the need for Ascension vs Fashion Police on the main card. A quick dull match as much as I like both teams. (No idea where the Ascension go from here though, they are well and truly stuck in a treacle maze).

The main event was good. Some nice spots, mostly involving Sami. I kind of expected Rusev to take Nakamura's place but it did not spoil anything that he did not. A lot of people predicted Corbin as the winner of this match and that prediction proved right. I guess MITB suits having an underdog as its winner as AJ and Owens at least are in the main event picture anyway. 

Nothing was excellent on the card I don't think but it was great to finally see Maria and Mike Bennett. I have enjoyed their stuff in both ROH and TNA so I am hoping they get a good push on Smackdown.

Oh yeah, has Tye Dillinger joined American Alpha in Smackdown wilderness?