Minor PPVs that don't deserve a thread *Spoilers*

tiger_rick

It wasn't the greatest show ever but I sometimes wonder if people on here even like wrestling. This was no worse than a decent show and you'd think it was awful by some of the comments.

Naka being written out both protected him and made for a great reaction when he returned. They built to AJ/Naka brilliantly. Some of the bumps in the mens match were really good, Owens specifically.

Jinder didn't look bad and actually had a decent match which is a positive sign. The Usos are great. We got Fashion Vice now, those two are brilliant.

Right miserable bastards on here.

2 hours ago, sj5522 said:

Realised last night Naomi is the only face champion in the company right now

Saw this today.
Although I would argue Lesnar and Asuka are more 'tweeners' than heels its still an interesting little collection.
Add to that 2 heel MITB winners and it seems its a good time to be a heel at the moment.

naomiface.jpg

Thought it was a poor to acceptable show. Content inside the matches was ok but the finishes in some were terrible. Screwy finish to the womens mitb the crowed went dead amd I'm guessing plenty were expecting Shane or even Bryan to appear amd restart. They could've had Carmella grab the case on tge shoulders or even Elsworth pull a "Boss man" then to do the countout in the tag match after felt underwhelming. The finish of the title match felt identical and why were all those legends needed if only cowboy Bob got attacked and randy saved him? The main event finish was just cookie cutter mitb stuff too nothing remarkable

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, FUM said:

It wasn't the greatest show ever but I sometimes wonder if people on here even like wrestling.

There are many PPVs where I'd agree with you. This isn't one of them. It had plenty of flaws. If the show was better or the future brighter, you'd ignore them.

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, simonworden said:

Thought it was a poor to acceptable show. Content inside the matches was ok but the finishes in some were terrible. Screwy finish to the womens mitb the crowed went dead amd I'm guessing plenty were expecting Shane or even Bryan to appear amd restart. They could've had Carmella grab the case on tge shoulders or even Elsworth pull a "Boss man" then to do the countout in the tag match after felt underwhelming. The finish of the title match felt identical and why were all those legends needed if only cowboy Bob got attacked and randy saved him? The main event finish was just cookie cutter mitb stuff too nothing remarkable

Shane tweeted something to the effect that it wasn't acceptable way to finish a match so I'd imagine there'll be some announcement on SD this week as to how it's going to be resolved.

• Paid Members

Women's MITB - Pretty good, terrible finish. I really like Carmella though so I'm glad she won.

Usos v The New Day - Not that interesting until the last 5 minutes. Always liked the Usos but I prefer them when they do fast paced matches than this sort of slow, methodical heel thing.

Naomi v Lana - About as good as anyone could reasonably expect this to be. Don't see what others see in Naomi tbh. Should have kept Lana as a manager.

Fashion Police v Useless Bald Cunts - What the fuck was the point of this. Good Miami Vice skit though.

Jinder Mahal v Randy Orton - Exactly the fucking same as their last match. Jinder is fucking shit. Slow, boring, predictable bollocks. I like Orton but he clearly doesn't give a shit about this feud. Please hinder Jinder.

Men's MITB - Really good. Thought the old Terry Funk thing of bringing back Nakamura after his injury was a great way to get him over a bit more. Even Ziggler wasn't shit. It was obvious Corbin would win but I don't think he's much cop at all.

• Paid Members

Thought the show was alright for an episode of SmackDown. These things just never feel like anything more than that any more and so I manage my expectations accordingly.

Mike and Maria turning up was a cool surprise, I had genuinely heard nothing about that happening so it was nice to have something happen without hearing about plans weeks in advance. I hope they aren't just going to be a B-show version of Mike and Maryse though.

I think I liked the WWE title match the best. For reasons that I cannot easily put into words, Randy Orton has always been over with me and I enjoy his matches. There's a legitimacy about him that has been well protected over the years, even during all those lengthy spells when Creative had lost all interest in doing anything with him. I'm not nearly as negative on the Jinder experiment as most, I'm happy to see how this run plays out for him. There's a lot about the overall presentation of his character that I'm really digging so far. This was probably the best match he's ever had, not that it says a lot.

I feel nothing for these MITB ladder matches any more. The only reaction the big bumps draw from me is a shake of the head. I wasn't a fan of writing Nakamura out of most of the match as I feel that having a babyface sit in the back while all the other guys are out there killing each other doesn't really tell a great story, unless he's been absolutely obliterated. To be fair though, his re-entry did get the best reaction of the match and made him look important. Plus, he didn't actually get the 'tarnished' win anyway.

It does feel like a very strange time for SmackDown though, Jinder Mahal as Champion and Baron Corbin is, in effect, the number one contender. Looks like John Cena, the brand's biggest star, is off to Raw too.

Edited by Arch Stanton