Minor PPVs that don't deserve a thread *Spoilers*

tiger_rick

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, deathrey said:

That's Bhangra not Bollywood. Bollywood is in Hindi, Bhangra is in Punjabi and they are totally different styles of music.

Now that's something new I've learned. I always thought "Bollywood" was purely in reference to the films, and that "Bhangra" was simply the style of music being played in them.

Thanks for that!

• Paid Members

I want dethrey to set up a cultural learning workshop.

One thing that blew me away when I visited India (which shouldn't have been that big a surprise, given the population and diverse cultures) was realising just how many different languages are spoken across the country, and the colleagues I dealt with in Gurgaon would have to communicate with offices in other parts of India English because their languages were so different. Not even slightly different dialects that you have with Italy/Sicily etc.

9 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

Now that's something new I've learned. I always thought "Bollywood" was purely in reference to the films, and that "Bhangra" was simply the style of music being played in them.

Thanks for that!

That's exactly what I thought as well.

2 hours ago, PunkStep said:

One thing that blew me away when I visited India (which shouldn't have been that big a surprise, given the population and diverse cultures) was realising just how many different languages are spoken across the country, and the colleagues I dealt with in Gurgaon would have to communicate with offices in other parts of India English because their languages were so different. Not even slightly different dialects that you have with Italy/Sicily etc.

Haha errr, sure! My knowledge is limited to Northern India and West Yorkshire though

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, PunkStep said:

Yeah, I've always been amazed at the sheer number of languages in India, and Pakistan too. Quite a lot of kids at my school were from south Asia, and so many of them spoke different languages: Hindi, Urdu (which, as I understand it, is basically the same as Hindi but with more Persian and Arabic influences in it), Gujurati, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu, Bengali, Balochi, Burushaski, Kashmiri, Pushtu, the list is long.

EDIT: Anyway, to bring it back to wrestling, I remember someone on here posting a picture of an Indian-American tag team, both of whom were kitted out in turbans, and who went by the name of...

SIkh & Destroy.

Edited by Carbomb

This guy knows how to do it. I wish I knew the right name, they always do it in the Indian dance videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-9KNA8QVNY

I think when Jinder turns face he should be accompanied to the ring by at least 30 Indian women and they should all do that head wiggle dance and lots of glittery things fall from the ceiling and he gets all the wrestling fans in the audience to join in on the dancing. Imagine 15,000 wresting fans in the arena all doing that head wiggle dance, it will be the new THIS IS AWESOME. They could even get a little guy playing the Sitar or the harp on the stage for the big solo in the middle.