Minor PPVs that don't deserve a thread *Spoilers*

tiger_rick

10 hours ago, Yakashi said:

He wasn't big when he got brought back. He was basically the same. The massive steroid body and scarred back all happened within the last 9 months or so. It's mental. I can't believe they have the nerve to put him on tv. 

Do you honestly think it would slip under WWE's radar if he was on roids? Do you honestly think they can't see a 'roid body' a mile away?

He's pissing in a cup every 60-90 days the same as the rest of them, he's not on roids. This is 2017 not 1987.

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, theringmaster said:

Do you honestly think it would slip under WWE's radar if he was on roids? Do you honestly think they can't see a 'roid body' a mile away?

He's pissing in a cup every 60-90 days the same as the rest of them, he's not on roids. This is 2017 not 1987.

It's got nothing to do with what you can see, and everything to do with what you can prove. They can't sack somebody in this day and age based only on looking like they are on the gas. 

1 hour ago, theringmaster said:

You cannot be this naive. 

2 hours ago, theringmaster said:

Just like nobody wrestles with concussions anymore eh. You see Balor when Mahal knocked him clean out, he was out on his feet, his eyes rolled back and he faceplanted the mat, not a chance he should have been in the ring for weeks and didn't he wrestle the following week. They probably did some two bob test like asked him to walk in a straight line and count to 10 and went "yep, well he passed our tests he is good to go".

In every walk of life there are tests, and ways of beating said tests.

• Paid Members

Popular theory is that Jinder's on TRT so getting around failing tests with a therapeutic use exemption. That's what the real men in UFC do too, so I'm sure it only helps to bolster scotswizards opinion.

I'm someone who tuned out of WWE TV when JBL got his push and never tuned back in. Couldn't stand the guy. But I don't really give a fuck that Jinder's just won it. I think that speaks volumes about how much I care about wrestling these days (or maybe I'm just more aware there's things more important to care about than wrestling booking). I thought him and Randy had a decent main event match as well, to be honest.

I would say that Jinder winning the title just because they're trying to expand into India makes wrestling look even more fake than it already does, though.

Edited by Au

• Paid Members

The worst thing is we get the tiresome folk doing the tiresome line of "You say you want new guys to get a push and then you complain", which is great except Jinder isn't a new guy and he didn't get a push.

• Paid Members

What makes me chuckle is the unanimous "What the fuck have they brought him back for?" when Mahal was rehired. Now he's World Champion and some defend it.

Don't get me wrong, if he'd shown anything in the meantime or they'd even cleverly worked with his limitations, I'd say good luck to the bloke. But he's literally the same dumpling as ever - but with muscles.

It's really not that bad, though, is it? I feel like hardcore, lifelong wrestling fans get much too hung up on what's happened in the past. Everything's so changeable in wrestling. Does it really matter that Jinder was a jobber two months ago? I mean, I agree that as an individual talent there's not a lot there, but that has been true of many champions. What's important in those instances is that they're well booked and well protected. So far I'd say WWE have done a good job there. And I'd argue that the Orton/Jinder match was definitely a step up on either of the Orton/Wyatt matches and the feud building into it was solid enough too.

The only really jarring/nonsensical part of it, for me, is the fact that they're doing that thing where the top talents are fighting over the lesser belt while the midcard guys fight over the top title. That makes no sense and requires a ridiculous logic jump anytime someone mentions it on TV. But Jinder on his own? I can take what they're doing at face value. He'll probably be found out soon enough, but for now, on its own merits, I really don't think it's been too bad.

Other matches:

I think Breezango vs. the Usos is probably in my top five matches I've seen this year. It was so silly, so fun; such a perfect way to follow up the great drama and technical prowess on display at NXT Takeover. The crowd were super into it too.

AJ/Owens was good but not quite what I'd hoped for. Fine with the finish though.

Everything else was pretty mediocre, I thought. Nakamura/Ziggler, Zayn/Corbyn, Harper/Rowan and the women's match passed by without much note. The only thing that pops to mind is that Sami really sold that back injury fantastically. I've never been mad on him because I never saw him on the indies and I only saw a match or two in NXT, but there I got a quick glimpse of why he's such a beloved babyface.