Minor PPVs that don't deserve a thread *Spoilers*

tiger_rick

50 minutes ago, thatvinylgeek said:

So if LA Knight is done with Roman now (or soon) could we see him winning the Rumble and deciding to face a (by then) heel Seth on night 1 of Mania? Leaving Cody to do the Shawn type chase through elim chamber to get his rematch? 

If I was LA Knight I’d be barging Ari Emanuel’s door down begging to work with Logan Paul either now or at Mania.

A World Title is great, but that would be mainstream and a chance to cement himself as a real star.

Getting stuck into Seth Rollins’ vortex of poor characterisation and matches that seem good on the night but you then instantly forget? NAH NAH.

In my mind, for different reasons, the IC title and the US title are now ahead of the Raw ‘World’ title in terms of importance and significance.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

Even WWE don't seem to view the RAW "World" Title that important, it's never the main focus of RAW, its never involved in the main event and the segments involving it are typically randomly in thr middle of the show (usually not even top of the hour or what not). It's just odd. What's the point of winning it. May as well go for the IC which has a lot more prestige.

Edited by Doog

My guess is they'll do Knight challenging Logan Paul for the US Title, either at the Rumble or at 'Mania if he someone manages to keep it that long. Survivor Series feels too soon to properly build it. 

19 hours ago, BrodyGraham said:

It's fortunate for Rey Mysterio that Logan Paul didn't lose his head in that situation.........

Regarding the above, when I saw what happened I immediately thought Logan was way too far back for that spot. Good recovery, for sure, but I think it's a case of his inexperience showing with poor ring positioning and then good reactions/instincts showing after.

• Awards Moderator
28 minutes ago, Doog said:

Even WWE don't seem to view the RAW "World" Title that important, it's never the main focus of RAW, its never involved in the main event and the segments involving it are typically randomly in thr middle of the show (usually not even top of the hour or what not). It's just odd. What's the point of winning it. May as well go for the IC which has a lot more prestige.

Though I haven’t watched a WWE show since WrestleMania, it’s really nice to think that 2023 WWE is getting something right when I read “IC title” and “prestige” together in the same sentence. It was always my favourite title and for so long it was an afterthought - just look at @air_raid’s house show reports for how often the champ would lose. Knowing it’s not that anymore is great.

5 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Solid show not helped by the crowd being mostly shit throughout. A sigh of relief for the main event result and Logan Paul is still a cunt, but unfortunately an incredibly talented one. Has he had a disappointing match yet? Incredible how good he is. Maybe they really should consider him for the Wrestlemania night 1 main event.

Disappointing in so much as that one of them was against Ricochet.

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

It was always my favourite title and for so long it was an afterthought - just look at @air_raid’s house show reports for how often the champ would lose.

Mwahahaha! Yes, it’s shocking how often people in the Miz/Ziggler/Barrett years (ESPECIALLY Barrett) they would manage to have the Intercontinental “champion” lose 5-8 times in four weeks of telly. And often their highest profile match between PPVs would be not a defence but a match with Cena, Orton or Reigns which they would obviously lose.

15 hours ago, thatvinylgeek said:

So if LA Knight is done with Roman now (or soon) could we see him winning the Rumble and deciding to face a (by then) heel Seth on night 1 of Mania? Leaving Cody to do the Shawn type chase through elim chamber to get his rematch? 

Looking from a logical point of view though, if LA Knight won the rumble why wouldn't he want another shot at Roman? Makes no sense to go over to the other brand to face Seth.

Looking at it now, I think Mania shapes up like this...

World Title and IC Title match - Seth vs Gunther (Rumble winner). Have them play up the knackered, fighting champion Rollins has been and have Gunther destroy him in around 5 minutes. I would then have Gunther vacate the IC Title on Raw due to World Champion commitments. Much better for his character to vacate it being undefeated and the longest reigning IC champ ever than losing it to someone like Chad Gable (as much as i like him)

US Title - Logan Paul vs LA Knight

WWE Title - Roman vs Cody. Cody to win the EC Chamber to get the shot, new bloodline member Jacob Fatu to cost Cody so Roman can go on and beat Hogan's record. Cody third time lucky at Mania 41. Keep building that story kid.

Edited by The King of Old School

25 minutes ago, The King of Old School said:

Looking from a logical point of view though, if LA Knight won the rumble why wouldn't he want another shot at Roman? Makes no sense to go over to the other brand to face Seth.

Looking at it now, I think Mania shapes up like this...

World Title and IC Title match - Seth vs Gunther (Rumble winner). Have them play up the knackered, fighting champion Rollins has been and have Gunther destroy him in around 5 minutes. I would then have Gunther vacate the IC Title on Raw due to World Champion commitments. Much better for his character to vacate it being undefeated and the longest reigning IC champ ever than losing it to someone like Chad Gable (as much as i like him)

US Title - Logan Paul vs LA Knight

WWE Title - Roman vs Cody. Cody to win the EC Chamber to get the shot, new bloodline member Jacob Fatu to cost Cody so Roman can go on and beat Hogan's record. Cody third time lucky at Mania 41. Keep building that story kid.

Can't wait for the story to finish at Mania 43.

Edited by TheScarlettChad

• Paid Members
On 11/4/2023 at 6:47 AM, Supremo said:

Everyone else still says, “Universal Champion.” 

2 hours ago, The King of Old School said:

And thus is a mystery potentially solved. Because, again, Roman(s) Reign(s) is only as impressive and as long as they say if you consider it running from the moment he won the Universal belt, not THE belt. I'd love to say perfectly in keeping with ignoring their own history to the point where they say the Womens title only goes back to when the "Divas" belt started in 2008, and when the history of the "unified" tag team title (circa 2010 onwards) only lists champions back to the start of the SmackDown "WWE tag team title" in 2002.... but I don't even think title histories exist on WWE.com anymore, do they?

4 hours ago, air_raid said:

And thus is a mystery potentially solved. Because, again, Roman(s) Reign(s) is only as impressive and as long as they say if you consider it running from the moment he won the Universal belt, not THE belt. I'd love to say perfectly in keeping with ignoring their own history to the point where they say the Womens title only goes back to when the "Divas" belt started in 2008, and when the history of the "unified" tag team title (circa 2010 onwards) only lists champions back to the start of the SmackDown "WWE tag team title" in 2002.... but I don't even think title histories exist on WWE.com anymore, do they?

They do

https://www.wwe.com/titlehistory/wwe-championship

Not easy to find though.

• Paid Members
19 minutes ago, The Dart said:

They do

https://www.wwe.com/titlehistory/wwe-championship

Not easy to find though.

Good to see the history still exists, although its still bizarre to see that they'd want to say that the original tag belts disappeared when the titles were unified, the versions that became the Raw tag belts thus started in 2002 (as SmackDown ones, with the Raw ones from the time/original tag titles disappearing) then the SmackDown ones starting in 2016. Like.... no, doesn't it make sense that THE tag titles continued from the early days through to now and only in 2002 and 2016 with the creation of new titles that are separate (both for SmackDown) did they become disputed? The SmackDown tag belts moved to Raw in 2010 when they were unified and the existing/long-term/Raw/"World tag team championship" disappeared? Not for me, Clive.

Weirder still, you have to scroll past the Million $ belt to get that far.