Minor PPVs that don't deserve a thread *Spoilers*

tiger_rick

7 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

The equivalent to this will be when you do go to Dubai in 5 years time. 

"Have they sorted their human rights record?"

"No, but they have a GAP now."

Seeing as how GAP don't exist over in the UK any more and they were my favourite clothing store, that actually WOULD entice me!

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, Loki said:

Seeing as how GAP don't exist over in the UK any more and they were my favourite clothing store, that actually WOULD entice me!

Rick obviously knows you well Loki. I'd check your house for hidden cameras if I were you. 

6 hours ago, Loki said:

Didn't they open some new stores fairly recently? Like within a year or so? It's probably only London Manchester, Birmingham but I'm sure they made a bit of a comeback

42 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Fucking hell, I’ve only just come back into the fold after get rid of SISU, don’t jinx it for me!

It’s alright. Based on what we’ve seen so far this season I’m not sure we’d know how to spend the money anyway. 

• 2 weeks later...

The Dream is Over. :(

Mind you, cracking main event up till the inevitable interference (how come no faces want Roman in a cage?). LA Knight has a style perfectly made for main events, he's fiery and has crowd-popping but not high-risk moves.  And he bumped like a trooper in this.  He definitely belongs but, yeah... just another victim.

Cena had a good match too, and if that's his last match in a while it's been fun having him around.  Putting over a young superstar properly there, and one with a lot more upside than Austin Theory.  More retirement teasing but I think he'll be back.

Not a bad PPV over all, hot crowd which helps.

Oh yeah, and Logan Paul just saved Rey Mysterio's life.

Edited by Loki

• Paid Members

Logan Paul is just fucking great. Absolutely pisses charisma, really good in the ring and absolutely deserves the title. Will be good for business when he's waving it in people's faces at his brother's freakshow boxing matches. Him driving the dune buggy around and into the arena was brilliant too.

So glad to see Kairi back, was gutted when she left last time and hopefully her and Iyo move away from Damage CTRL now.

The Saudi fans are geniuses. They unlocked the secret to getting Roman Reigns to speed up his matches; chant ‘CM Punk’.

Some good stuff on the show, Cody is so good in the ring, but my favourite part was how just as Roman was slowing the match to his favourite glacial pace - at about 6 minutes into his cravat neck lock - the fans chanted ‘CM Punk’ and they immediately started speeding up a touch. Very good.

The main event was fun, but the ending was so obvious it was a little hard to get into properly. LA Knight being so over was nice.

Good show all round really. Even tuned in to the kick off just to see Sami get some more love. I'll never get bored of that.

Everything was solid so can't complain. And another enthusiastic crowd helped for sure. Knight really did look like a megastar.

Someone else that looked spectacular - Rhea Ripley. Just on another level.

Good to see Kairi back. She had a good look and glad she didn't just come back as a baby face pirate.

Logan Paul deserves that title. He's fantastic.

• Paid Members

On a kayfabe level, the best thing on the show was the subtle way Santos Escobar left the brass knuckles on the apron for Logan to use against Rey. I love all the tiny moments and glances that tease the inevitable Escobar vs. Rey Mysterio Mania match. They’re slow cooking a great feud there.

On a meta level I’ll remember this show for the rest of my life for the way John Cena took a bunch of Samoan Spikes and then was still shouting spots at the top of his lungs as he lay on the mat. So funny. If this truly was his retirement, he went out on top, solidifying himself as the loudest spot caller to ever do it.

Also, check out Robert De Niro Jones here. Cinema, indeed.

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members

Solid show not helped by the crowd being mostly shit throughout. A sigh of relief for the main event result and Logan Paul is still a cunt, but unfortunately an incredibly talented one. Has he had a disappointing match yet? Incredible how good he is. Maybe they really should consider him for the Wrestlemania night 1 main event.