Today I learned...

SpursRiot2012

25 minutes ago, AshC said:

Cheers guys. No wonder the left never win an election here. Any views outside of the echo chamber and you're a dunce or a racist monster or both. It's an exhausting subject and I apologised for getting involved. That should be that. But I'm sure it won't be.

The left?

Echo Chamber?

Dunce?

Monster?

Apparently that makes you 'exhausted'? and we're the baddies.

If you want to talk talk, dont presume, as said before. 

Also if you think something is potentially offensive before saying it, then do not say it because it's probably offensive..  Tada!

3 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Further to this, while that was the last execution for Murder, the death penalty wasn’t officially abolished until 1969. However, the death penalty remained in law (although wasn’t used, obviously) for crimes such as Treason until 1998 when it was withdrawn under the Crime & Disorder Act.

The last person sentenced to death in the British Isles was on the Isle of Man in 1992.

Mind you they were still birching you for being drunk until fairly recently.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

There’s that one as well about how the last legal  execution in France by guillotine happened after Star Wars A New Hope came out. (It wasn’t Lucas)

In Paris, there are five stone slabs set into the pavement of Rue de la Roquette. These were the foundations for the guillotine.

• Moderators

I wouldn't really call that a pile on. It was hardly Bowler territory. It was three people asking for an example and it wasn't aggressive at all. Other people only chipped in once he'd already acted all mopey and hard done by because he couldn't be bothered to be specific.

If you don't want a discussion don't start one. There's nothing worse than a Dynamite Duane style drive by commenting.

Edited by Chest Rockwell

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Just Some Guy said:

This would have been better last week, but TIL that the body of the Yorkshire Rippers 6th victim, Jean Jordan was discovered by future Les Battersby actor Bruce Jones.

I saw/read an interview with him a few years ago where he said he’s still traumatised by finding the body and that he was a suspect for the murder afterwards. It’s one of the reasons he became an alcoholic.