Today I learned...

SpursRiot2012

• Awards Moderator

I've only just started watching Line of Duty, and had no idea the excellent Adrian Dunbar filmed scenes as Leia's dad* in Phantom Menace. And was then cut. And recast as Jimmy Smits. 

*sort of, don't worry about it. 

• Paid Members
On 11/6/2020 at 9:39 PM, Steve Justice said:

TIL that in 1977, The Godfather 1 and 2 was redited into chronological order to make a 4 part mini series. 

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0809488/?ref_=m_nmfmd_act_79

It was available on VHS in this country, think its called the Godfather saga and had the third film as well. I have it somewhere, bought from HMV for about £15. The extra footage and shuffle works OK as a companion but doesn't replace the originals. 

Edited by chokeout

• Awards Moderator
7 hours ago, Onyx2 said:

I've only just started watching Line of Duty, and had no idea the excellent Adrian Dunbar filmed scenes as Leia's dad* in Phantom Menace. And was then cut. And recast as Jimmy Smits. 

*sort of, don't worry about it. 

I did not know this either!

Today I learnt that a commonly used term (one I've never uttered) is deemed to be offensive. So, basically this is a heads-up not to use the phrase that rhymes with 'game', to describe individuals of varying and diverse ethnicities.

Segways nicely into a second point. I am not and never have been 'white'. I've even checked a colour chart (as I was unsure), thankfully it confirmed my suspicions. I suspect there may be others out there in the same boat. So if you wish to take my lead, I would strongly advise that any individual finding themselves generically described as white (fuck, that's offensive), stand up for yourself and help stamp out this dreadful, endemic and systematic racism. I also have major issues with the terms; limey, pom and cracker. So, please don't use those either. I'm now retreating to my 'safe space', feeling a little emotional. Think I'm joking? Funny, is it? Then, you'd better go and have a word with yourself and come back a better person.