Today I learned...

SpursRiot2012

• Paid Members

10 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

They’re so black they’re purple. That’s the obvious one here. 

Now all I can think is I'm going to need to let a someone feel my muscles before I'm let back in the country. 

• Paid Members

TIL that Terry Crews was in Battle Dome! What a missed opportunity. Sod “Mike Tyson was backstage at a Nitro,” if they’d harnessed Crews properly during the proposed crossover, WCW would have won the war without doubt.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

TIL that people stuck in their ways, can still surprise you.

My dad is a good bloke, and comfortable with his life. A big old North Yorkshire man and creature of comfort, who doesn’t wish harm on anyone but is easily influenced by the papers.

Out of the blue on the phone he said: “You’ll be pleased to know, I’ve stopped buying the Sun”

Me: “Really? get in, nice one”

Dad: “Yup, I’m sick of them shiteing on absolutely everything. I’m bloody fed up of being told to be miserable.”

Me: “That’s great. What are you going to read on a morning?”

Dad: “Nowt lad, your mothers got me some pencils, I’ve not drawn owt since school, I’m gonna do some drawings again, birds and stuff”.

Legend.

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

Dad: “Nowt lad, your mothers got me some pencils, I’ve not drawn owt since school, I’m gonna do some drawings again, birds and stuff”.

Spoiler

Syt5WtY.png

Edited by Tommy!
I can't add a NSFW spoiler first time

• Paid Members

Kaiser and Tsar, titles meaning emperor or supreme ruler, both derive from the name Caesar.

Also Julius Caesar wasn't a roman emperor. Despite taking absolute power in real terms following civil war instigated by crossing the rubicon the senate of the Republic didn't dissolve and bestow the title of emperor until after his adopted son had taken over following his assassination and crushed opposition in North Africa. 

Edited by Tommy!

• Paid Members

Ashamed to say I only recently learnt about this amazing guy Yakima Canutt who lived a ridiculously full life.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yakima_Canutt

Started as an actual cowboy and was worlds best bronco buster at 17. Then he fell into acting and went on to become one of the best stuntmen ever and a pioneering stunt coordinator.

He even taught John Wayne how to be a cowboy and Wayne's entire persona, voice and body language were copied off Canutt, they worked together developing new ways to do stunts and movie fights. 

When he was too knackered to do stunts he became one of the top second unit action directors in Hollywood and lived til til he was 90.

That summary doesn't even do him justice, the guy really got around.