Today I learned...

SpursRiot2012

• Moderators

More ownership than anyone does not mean majority. This guy is doubling down on his lack of understanding of basic fractions, and his source is a video of someone else saying something?

Inconclusive! I'm more inclined to believe that other rando who says he's seen the splits even though I have no idea who he is and it's a lie that could easily be made up.

I've been meaning to watch that video anyway though when a mate sent it to me the other day..

Edited by Chest Rockwell

7 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

More ownership than anyone does not mean majority. This guy is doubling down on his lack of understanding of basic fractions, and his source is a video of someone else saying something?

Inconclusive! I'm more inclined to believe that other rando who says he's seen the splits even though I have no idea who he is and it's a lie that could easily be made up.

I've been meaning to watch that video anyway though when a mate sent it to me the other day..

Dont work yourself into a shoot brother.

I'm still fascinated by the story of that song being meant for Michael Jackson. Just imagine it.

I assumed people celebrated the anniversary of anything related to February 29th on March 1st.

But today I’ve seen a load of “This Day in History” posts on Twitter for the 29th and my cousin born on that date has today as his birthday on Facebook.

Makes no sense.

1 hour ago, SuperBacon said:

Because in a year where the 29th Feb doesn't exist, the 1st of March "is" the 29th Feb? Not sure.

It’s the 28th until it’s the 29th, that’s how it works. 
When people are born on the leap year day, they usually choose one of the days either side for their annual birthday but have the proper one on the leap year. 

1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

It’s the 28th until it’s the 29th, that’s how it works. 
When people are born on the leap year day, they usually choose one of the days either side for their annual birthday but have the proper one on the leap year. 

Its the 28th today, now that is a fact.

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, Version1.0 said:

That Chad and Romania have the same flag.

Indonesia and Monaco too - and, even weirder, they decided for some reason to have their embassies in London literally just a hundred metres down the same street from each other.

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, Carbomb said:

Indonesia and Monaco too - and, even weirder, they decided for some reason to have their embassies in London literally just a hundred metres down the same street from each other.

Suppose it makes sense if you go to the wrong one and then can just say, “No, we’re the Indonesian Embassy. The Monaco one’s a couple of doors down” rather than, “Yeah, you need to take three Tube stops and switch lines for the Monaco Embassy”. 

Edited by Your Fight Site

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Your Fight Site said:

Suppose it makes sense if you go to the wrong one and then can just say, “No, we’re the Indonesian Embassy. The Monaco one’s a couple of doors down” rather than, “Yeah, you need to take three Tube stops and switch lines for the Monaco Embassy”. 

See, thing is it seems more likely that someone will look up the address of one, go to the place on the map, then end up with a 50/50 chance of going into the wrong building with the same flag.

Obviously, making sure to read numbers and embassy plates will help easily avoid this, but I'd bet they get a lot of people coming to them from the other by mistake.